Chapter Eight. Party? (pt.2)

"She wasn't supposed to find out about that. Ever."

"What were you gonna do? Lie to her like you've been lying to her for what she thinks is her whole life? She trusts you, Jace."

"I know she does. But if she finds out about him, it'll only put her in danger."

"Jesus, she is already in enough harms way. She might as well know why."

"What makes you think you can just come into her life and do this? I've been here for her, not you."

I lifted my heavy eyes open to reveal Jace and Grey, arguing. Grey's shirt was gone, sitting in a burnt mess on the floor. As I let out a groan both of their heads snapped to me, and they immediately ran to my side. I took in my surroundings. I could still hear the music from the party downstairs. Am I in Tyler's room? I looked at all the walls around me, praying it was a guest room.

"Scar, you're awake."

"Scarlett, Jesus. You scared me."

They both said at the same time, then shot each other a glare. Jace took my hand in his as he looked up at me. I let a small smile appear on my face, until all the memories of tonight rushed through my head. I yanked my hand away from Jace, moving away from him.

"Wait."

The word dropped from my lips as my thoughts went everywhere.

"You two are brothers? And the fire?"

Grey took a step forward as I quickly stood up from the bed I was in. Dizziness spread through me as I rose from the bed, as Jace took my hand to steady me. I didn't pull away, as I stared into his blue eyes.

"Tell me everything."

Jace held my shoulders, seating me in the bed.

"How are you guys brothers? Jace, you have parents. I've had dinner with them. I've spent countless nights at your house."

Jace's facial expression changed as he stared down at the floor. Grey let out a laugh as he took a step towards me.

"No, you haven't Scarlett."

My eyes shot up to Grey as I sent him a glare.

"Yes, I have."

"No. You haven't."

I looked over to Jace, who's eyes did not stray from the ground. I slowly stood up, ignoring the pain my head gave me, and went to him.

"Jace?"

He held my hand in his, and gazed longingly into my eyes.

"I'm still me. I'm still the guy that would do anything for you, and is always there for you. I'm still your best friend, and I always will be."

His voice was shaky as he stared down at me. I held my head in my hands, sitting back down on the bed.

"Jace."

I breathed out, wanting him to continue.

"It's true that Grey and I are brothers. But, we aren't just normal people."