Chapter Seven. Party? (pt.1)

I awkwardly stirred my cereal while looking up at Grey, who was glaring at me. I glanced away from him, only to meet Mason, who was also glaring at me.

"Can't I eat my fruit loops in peace?"

Grey let out a strained laugh.

"Depends, is Jace hiding in the cereal box?"

My grip on my spoon tightened. I pulled the box towards me, then peeked into it.

"Damn! You got me! He's been in there for hours."

I shot him an evil look back, as I took another spoonful of my cereal. It had been a couple days since Grey burst in my room, and almost killed Jace. He practically threw him out the window, he was fuming. Grey was still mad at me, as well as Mason.

"Sarcasm will get you nowhere."

I ignored him as I drank all the milk from my bowl, then cleaned up my mess. I ran straight up the stairs, and sighed as I fell into the bed. My phone ringing pulled me out of my slumber as I picked it up and put it to my ear.

"Hello?"

I groaned, realizing I hadn't checked to see who it was on the other line.

"Scarlett! What time are you coming over tonight to get ready?"

Lydia's piercing voice echoed through the phone as a look of confusion crossed my face.

"Get ready for what exactly?"

I rolled over in my bed, letting the sheets and blankets swallow me.

"The party! Duh!"

I instantly sat up in my bed as I looked through the calendar in my phone. Shit. It was already friday. This week had been so crazy I let time slip away from me.

"Do we have to go?"

I silently begged, already knowing Lydia wouldn't cave.

"Yes. Now skip school, and come over. We're going to take today to get ready."

I rolled my eyes, not ready to have to be an actual girl today.

"I'm on my way.."

~*~

"Omg! Wear this!"

Lydia screamed as she threw a dress at my face. I caught it, and raised my eyebrow at her as I shook my head. We had been doing nothing but trying on clothes and putting on make up. I wasn't exactly in the mood.

"Grey will go crazy if you wear that."

I threw the dress back at her.

"Why should I care?"

She gasped as she brought the dress back to me. I stared down at it and laughed. It was a little black dress, that would fit like a glove.
No way in hell I'm putting this on my body.

"Because, you guys like each other."

I slapped her in the arm, as Lydia only let out a laugh. I ran a brush through my hair, glaring at her.

"Trust me, I want nothing to do with him."

Lydia only rolled her eyes as she made her way over to her closet. She let out an excited scream as she brought out a criss-cross body suit and shorts. I scrunched my eyebrows together.