I Am Groot-Rocket

I was on my way to where Rocket and his tree buddy Groot are since I told Rocket I was okay in taking care of Groot while him and the group go on a long mission. After the events with Ego and Groot not being able to remember which button to press and which not the team began to worry that next time Groot might actually blow the whole galaxy..

I arrived and saw them standing next to my ship with Gamora,Drax,Mantis,Peter and Kraglin. "Hey guys." I tell them smiling at each of them.

"Glad you came, thought you weren't coming cause of you know who." Peter says looking at baby Groot who's on Rocket's shoulder. "Groot might kill us this time cause it's a mission like never before."

"Well i'm sure I can handle it."

"Is the puppy also staying?" Mantis asks everyone.

"No cause he's not a pet." Draz responds.

Mantis looks down at the ground once he says that, "So..that means I have to stay cause i'm also a pet."

"Yes."

"No!" Gamora says quickly after Drax spoke so Mantis doesn't feel sad, "Don't listen to Drax you're still coming with us." Mantis smiles at Gamora and pets Groot's head. "I am Groot?"

"No! We'll just be gone for a day."

"I am Groot."

"Yes (Y/N) is gonna take care of you."

"I am Groot."

"I know you don't want us to go but this is important."

Rocket walks over to me and hands me baby Groot who is sitting down on both my palms, "What did he say?" Peter asks Rocket.

"He just doesn't want us to leave." He turns to look at the teams leader.

"You know what to do right?"

i nod my head smiling, "Of course I do! I'm an expert."

"Alright then..take care you two."

We wave them goodbye and Groot and I make it inside my ship.

"Well..I hope you like it here..it's kinda messy but feel free to hang around." I tell baby Groot and place in on the table and I begin to find something to eat.

"I am Groot."

...What is he saying?....

I don't understand a clue on what he is trying to tell me.

"Aha."

"I am Groot."

I turn to look at him and smile nervously, "Groot..as much as I like you I don't understand a word you are saying so..try to speak my language." I slowly tell him so he can tell me.

"I...am...Groot."

I facepalm and sit back on the couch, "What the heck am I suppose to do." I begin to think on what I should do so my tree buddy doesn't get bored. "Alright Groot why don't we-" Huh? I look everywhere and see that he vanished..."Groot?" I get up and begin to find him,he can be hiding anywhere! I run to my couch and throw the pillows to the corner,then my blankets,shelf and I move the table.

"You in there Groot!"

I leaned down to the oven and opened it. Till I heard a plate shattered on the ground, "Groot no!" I shout and he stares at me with his big cute eyes as he holds a plate.

"Give that to me..please." I slowly walk to where he's at and he lets go of the plate. I run towards him and he quickly begins to run away from me and I almoat caught him before I hit my head on a shelf. This is useless..I hug my knees and bury my face in them.

No wonder Groot loves everyone else in the team but me.

I felt something soft press over my jeans and I opened my eyes to see baby Groot staring up an me in wonder, "I'm not mad at you Groot.." I pat his head and he grabs something with his hands and shows it to me. It's part or a broken vinyl. I stare at him confused till I get what he's been trying to look for.

"You want music."

He nods his head and we begin to find the broke pieces to it and repaired it back up,I placed it on and the room was soon filled with the beautiful melody of Hey Jude by The Beatles. Few minutes Groot began to dance all around the room finally happy.

*****************************

"(Y/N)..Groot...we came back."

I hear Rocket shout as he makes it to the living room and see that it's messy.

"You made it back quick!" I excitedly tell him.

"Um..where's Groot?" Rocket asks looking up at me.

"He's fast asleep."

We walk to my room and I see that Groot isn't in bed, "I am Groot."

I look down surprised to see Baby Groot awake hugging down my boots.

"I am Groot."

"Okay go on."

Rocket and Groot talk to each other when Rocket smiling looks up, "Is that true?"

"What?" I ask.

"He told me everything you two did and that you don't understand a word he says." Rocket laughs. "It was pretty neat what you did."

"I am Groot."

"What is he saying?" I ask the raccoon.

"He says.Thanks mom for taking care of me."

Okay I feel like crying,I kneel down and hug Groot.

"Anytime Groot...anytime.."