Chapter 24

I wake up to a kiss on my forehead, when I open my eyes slightly I find Nikko staring at me.

Good morning beautiful.

I look around and find the room emtpy, Where did everyone go?

Phil and Chad started breakfast, Calli is upstairs.

I smile and pull him down so I can kiss him. He reacts instantly by wrapping his arms around my waist and rolling us over so he's on bottom. I'm the one to finally break the kiss, and when I do I snuggle up into his chest. He chuckles, "Still sleepy?"

I nod, "Yes. I hate waking up in the morning."

He smiles, "I think you look cute when you wake up in the morning."

I groan, "Shut up. I do not."

He kisses my forehead, "Yes you do. No arguing."

"Morning," I hear Calli say.

I glance up and see her walking in pulling her hair up, "How are you wearing your hair tonight?"

She smirks, "Just like the Goddess of Darkness."

I frown, "But I didn't see her, I don't know how her hair is."

She frowns, "Wait you didn't see both of them?"

I shake my head, "No. Wait did both you see the two of them?"

Nikko nods, "Yeah. They both lectured me about choices and again making sure you don't do anything stupid."

Calli rolls her eyes, "Well that's easy. Every choice she's made is stupid."

I growl, "Oh like not killing you in the womb?"

Nikko scowls, "Stop it. Both of you."

I scowl at him and sit up, "Just because she's your Mate and my sister doesn't mean I'll be nice to her. I don't car how much it upsets you."

He shakes his head, "Do you think I enjoy watching the two of you fight knowing it's all because of choices I've made? I hate it."

I walk toward the staircase and say, "Well then stay away. I'm sure that will make the two of you very happy."

***Nikko***

As she walks up the stairs I sigh and Calli says, "You should go talk to her."

I shake my head, "That's not what she needs. She's just putting up all her defenses for tomorrow. I knew she would. The more any of us push the harder she'll fight it."

All the sudden Sadie is in front of me, "What she wants is her best friend. And I don't mean Emmi or Phil. I mean you. It's what the real Cassi wants. The one who didn't have to deal with a sister who despises her and a Mate who doesn't want her. She just wants her best friend."

I sigh and say, "I really don't think that is what she needs."

Emmi walks in, "It is. She just shut me out of her bedroom."

Phil walks in, "Why do I have the feeling Cassi is upset?"

I groan, "Because she is. God dammit."

Sadie sighs, "I'll go talk to her okay? But you need to too. She's scared of what she's going to be learning tomorrow night. A lot of that stuff has to do with you. It's natural for her to push you away."

Calli growls, "Since when do you help Cassi? You couldn't stand her up until a few weeks ago!"

Sadie scowls, "I've always like Cassi. I just couldn't talk to her because of you! I've been friends with her since you got her kicked out! It's your own fault for being a self absorbed bitch!"