Chapter 9

I was laying on the white leather sofa in Sadie's den with my head on her lap trying not to cry.

"Honey you gotta let it all out."

"I can't. That means she wins. I mean how could he just forget?"

Chace sits down at the end of the couch next to Chad who has my feet in his lap.

"It's not him Cassi. Just remember the real Nikko would never hurt you like this."

"How am I suppose to go to school with her tomorrow?"

"You'll be fine. We'll be right there for you," Sadie says.

"But you don't have every class with me and Nikko is in almost all of them."

"That's why Chace and Chad are coming to school."

I look over at them, "What? How?"

"I talked to your dad," Chad says, "I told him that Chase was concerned about Sadie and wanted to be with his Mate and that I'd like to be with my brother. So he gave us permission to go to school in your territory."

"Oh."

"I thought you'd be happy. You sound sad," Sadie says.

"What if she convinces Emmi and Phil to stay away from me?"

"Then they'll snap out of it. It's only until Nikko's birthday. He'll be okay. It's not like Calli would actually hurt him."

"I hope your right."

The next morning after my shower I blow my hair halfway dry and then dab on some eyeliner and mascara. When I see how rainy it is outside I know it's only to match how I feel on the inside. I throw on ripped skinnies, a black t-shirt, my grey pleather jacket, and my black suede boots.

Grabbing my bag I find Sadie downstairs, "Hey um you guys didn't grab my backpack by any chance did you?"

"Oh crap. No we didn't. I'll text Jay and tell him to bring it okay?"

"Okay."

Sadie and Chace go in his car and Chad comes with me in mine.

When we pull up to school he drags me to the office with him.

"What are you doing?"

"Making sure we have the same schedule," he smiles, "I don't want you to worry about Nikko."

As soon as we're done we head to my locker and I lean against it.

"Why aren't you getting your books?"

"They're in my book bag."

"Damn."

Three minutes later I see Nikko walking down the hall with my book bag.

He stops in front of me and says, "Calli told me to bring this to you."

"Oh. Thanks I guess."

He looks at Chad, "Why is he here?"

Chad steps up next to him, "To make sure Calli doesn't touch her while we wait for you to come to your senses."

"I'm more of myself than I ever have been. I'm more in touch with my wolf now. It's really great."

I groan, "Oh great so now he's going to be mr. horny teenage wolf."

"Who I have sex with is none of your business," he growls.

I laugh, "You're right. Just like my sex life isn't your business."

I watch as his facial expression falters for a moment before turning back to steel, "Exactly. Now if you'll excuse me I have places to go, people to see."