Chapter 12

A week later it's Friday night again. I wait outside for Chad to pick me up. We had all agreed to hold the meeting on Friday to quesiton the pack. The game was rained out, and I'd never been happier. I'd be leaving in three short hours for competition.They had a list of all the dates of the wolves. The goal was to get the dates reassured and to then question the wolves who had changed on October 3rd.

Chad has his arm around me as we wait in his pack house .Soon everyone around our age would be in the room. The person who raped me would be in the same room as me.

As everyone came in and sat down Chace called for everyone's attention.

"As you all know it has been three years since that girl was attacked. It was prime season for turning for that year. We've just recieved information that it was a wolf who had just turned. You'll give me the date you turned and I'll check. If I give you the okay to go you can leave when the list is done. Got it?"

They all nod.

He starts calling their names off. With each one I groan internally. He's telling them to stay or to go in their minds so it's private until the very end.

Even Chad is called.

I lean into Phil for comfort as the list grows shorter.

"If I told you to leave, leave now and do not say a word about this to anyone. Now go."

A minute later five males are left.

"Alright, now let's start with a few questions. What time of day did you change?"

"Earlier in the day, probably around noon is my guess," Chad says.

"Around that same time," Sam sighs.

"Ten thirty-five," a blond boy says, "I remember looking at my phone when it happened."

"About five," the fourth says.

"At ten, it was at the bonfire that night."

He nods and the last two get up and walk out.

Sam sighs, "How are you so sure it was one of our pack? It could have been a rogue."

Chace glares at him, "I have it on good word that they were of this pack. Now sit, pup."

"Chace," I say, "I'm going to go. I can't do this. I thought I could, but I can't."

Just as I'm reaching the door it burst open and a young guys says, "Chace there's rogues on the out skirts of our land. The other pack is alread fighing them. We need to go help."

Chace looks at me and nods, "Phil, Chad, take care of her. If anything happens we're all dead. Get her somewhere safe. Now."

Phil makes me get on his back and the next thing I know we're running toward Nikko's old house down the street from my own.

As we're running out of the woods to the back yard a wolf jumps out in front of us, immediately Chad shifts standing protectively in front of me and Phil.

The wolf is on Chad immediately taking him down to the ground. Suddenly a familiar wolf appears. He gazes at me, Cassi you need to shift.

Nikko? I can't. I'm too scared.

Phil, Cassandra, shift now.

Authority fills his tone and all the sudden I'm on all fours.

Cassi listen to me, you need to stand behind me and Phil at all times. We'll protect you.

Two more wolves come out of no where and attack Phil and Nikko while Chad continues to fight the first wolf. I stand there shocked until a fourth comes out of the woods. A female.