Chapter 15

***Nikko***

I'd been watching her sleep for a hour. She must have been dreaming about something because she had a frusterated look on her sweet face.

I sighed, knowing I needed to get up and take care of something before she woke up and felt it. Getting up I made my way to the bathroom. After taking care of myself, I wash my hands and then my face. I was rinsing the soap off when I hear the thrashing covers.

I'm on the bed in a second, "Cassi, honey wake up."

She let's out a whimper and I sigh, Cassi baby please wake up, it's only a dream. Wake up for me, please? You're safe.

She stills and her eyes snap open, her breathing heavy, "Nikko?"

"It was just a dream baby."

She sighs, "It was awful. I hate dreaming."

I stroke her cheek, "I know Cassi, but it's over. You're safe."

She grabs my hand and squeezes it, "Thank you."

I smile, "For what?"

"For taking care of me yesterday. For saving me from him. If you hadn't come when you did..."

I pull her into my arms and kiss her forehead, "I know baby," I murmer, "But try not to think about what could have happened. Just be thankful that it didn't. You don't need to worry about him anymore."

"I know," she kisses my cheek, "What time is it?"

"Nine-thirty. You wanna get ready? The girls brought you a pile of clothes because you're staying here until Wednesday when we leave for the weekend."

She sighs, "Yeah. Did they bring me leggings?"

I sigh, "I have no clue. It's all just clothes to me sweetheart."

She laughs, "I don't know what I was expecting. You're a guy."

"Well in your defence if I had been here the last four years I'm sure I would know what was what from being around you."

She giggles, "That's probably true."

A half hour later she's dressed in grey leggings and a black dress with a sweater over it. When she sees me looking she rolls her eyes, "The dress is so no one sees my wrapped up leg. It hides the lumpiness of the bandages."

I nod, "Huh. I never would have thought of that."

She taps my forehead and leans up to kiss my cheek, "That's cause you're a guy. Now let's get goin'."

When we pull up to her house I can tell she's a bundle of nerves, "Cassi what are you worried about?"

"They're going to yell at me for the whole not staying away from you thing. I know he'll yell. That's what my dad does. He's been that way ever since, well forever."

I frown, "He wasn't always that way. I think he's just trying to protect you."

When we get inside I follow her to the kitchen where we find her mom taking out plates, "Hello there you two."

"Hi mom. Um where's dad?"

"In his office. I already told him that he can't scold you for what you did because of Calli."

I watch Cassi frown, "I don't know what to do about her. She's my sister and all we do is fight."

Her mom sighs, "Maybe it's my fault. I always let your father idolize everything you did and your sister has always been shy and book smart. You were just naturally talented at everything. I should have sent you to that dance school like you wanted."