Chapter 20

The long awaited chapter....and it's in Calli's  point of view!! ------->>> VOTE!! PLEASE??

***Calli***

As soon as Cassi comes off the dance floor I run up to her, "That was amazing!"
She smiles, "You're here!"
I nod, "Yep. Oh and Phil found the perfect club for tonight."
She jumps and down, "Ooh good! I hate that today is her birthday and we got stuck here practicing all day."
I smile, "I know but her parents told mom and dad they want to have a cake for her on Halloween. Emmi claims to not care but come on. It's her seventeenth."
She grins, "I know. I hope she finds her mate without any problems."

I sigh, "Me too," I bite my lip, "I need to tell you something. I had a dream."
Her eyes widen, "I did too!"
I frown, "Who was in yours?"
She sighs, "The Goddess of Light and um Nora."
I frown, "Mine was the Goddess of Darkness and Nora."

"What about my mom?"
We both turn to see Nikko walking towards us, "She had a dream with the Goddess of Darkness and your mom in it."
He frowns, "Seriously? Jeez now I'm afraid to go to sleep. Those Goddesses already screwed up our lives enough. I don't need nightmares."
Cassi laughs, "Nikko they're good dreams. You should know that. They're coming from our Goddess afterall."

Nikko shakes his head, "No hers came from the Vampire Goddess. There is something not right about that."
I gulp, "He's right. It isn't normal."
Cassi rolls her eyes, "It's because you share the same gift. Just like I share the gift of a Commander with the Goddess of Light."
"But it means I'm haunted by darkness."

Cassi frowns, "Calli what on earth would make you think that?"
I sigh, "She told me so. In the dream. That's why I do the things I do to people. That's why I could control everyone. That's how I got Chad to stay away for so long and how I convinced Sam to keep his mouth shut."

It's out before I can even realize it, her eyes widen, "You mean he wanted to tell?!"
I sigh, "I was afraid. I'm sorry."
She clenches her fist at her sides and breathes out slowly, "You need to tell me right now if there is anything you're hiding from me. I want to know."

I gulp, "It's against the rules to use your Commanding powers."
She shakes her head, "I don't care. I'll ignore everyone if it means knowing every single thing you're hiding from me."

I glance at Nikko who looks slightly uneasy, "I'll show you. But not now. We'll do it when we all talk."
She shakes her head, "That's not good enough."
I sigh, "What if I tell you one thing tonight. It's something I can show you and not say. That way mom and dad won't know."
She bites her lip, "Fine."
I sigh, "You know you're not going to be happy about anything you learn. It was all kept from you to protect you."

She growls, "I don't need protection. Especially from you."
Nikko grips her arm, "Cassi come on. No fighting."
She scowls at him, "Don't try telling me what to do. I'm sure whatever she's hanging over my head has  to do with you anyway. It always does. So aren't you a little curious? Or do you already know exactly what it is?"

He sighs, "Did you bring the diary with you?"
She sighs, "No."
He gulps, "Well it's probably in there if you've read the whole thing. Unfortunately I can't tell you. I want to but I can't. I even talked to your dad about it. He won't let me tell you."
She frowns, "How bad is it?"
He glances at me, "Enough to probably make you hate me."

Cassi glances back at me, "As much as I'm sure I'd try I couldn't hate you. I can't hate either of you which just causes one big problem after another. Because believe me if I could hate you I would not be putting myself through this. Especially because as much as Calli loves Phil if I gave up on you, you'd turn to her and she'd be extremly happy."