Part 9

Jenna's POV:

Everyone turned to see a guy with a hat and glasses fall on the floor.

"He's a spy from another school!!" a kid called out.

I looked closely at him and I face palmed myself.

Its Pete. I groaned.

"I'll get him!" I grabbed Annie, and chased him.

"Jenna! Slow down. Why do you care about some kid from another school?" Annie huffed.

"That's not some other kid. That's Pete."

"Oh."

Pete looked back at me for a split second. BAM! He was knocked over by a janitor and his cart. Annie and I ran over to him to help him up.

"You okay?" I whispered.

"Considering I was ran over by a cart, not really." he tended to his shoulder.

Everyone from the room poked their heads out.

"Really sorry about this."

"Sorry about what-"

Before he could finish, me and Annie grabbed Pete's arms and dragged him down the hallway.

"This is what happens when you mess with Shore View, you ungrateful twat!" I yelled.

"Jenna, we're trying to sound intimidating. Not British." Annie hissed.

"Sorry."

We got to the main door of the building, and dropped him like a rag doll.

"And don't come back." Annie added.

"Sorry." she mouthed.

We walked back into the school as the students and Ms. Flora cheered.

"Bravo girls. That'll teach those schools not to mess with us."

"No problem." Annie gave her a sarcastic thumbs up.

"Now, rehearsals are Monday through Friday after school. Make sure you practice at home, bring comfortable clothes for dancing, and keep your talking to a minimum for your voice." Ms. Flora demanded.

"But I-"

"Up bub bub! Minimum." she shut me down.

Me and Annie stopped at my locker.

"I can't believe you got me into this!" I stressed.

"You mean you want to thank me for giving you a chance of a life time? Your welcome." She bopped my nose.

"I'm serious!! I have stage fright. I can't perform in front of people."

"Slow down. The festival isn't until a few months. That'll give you time to learn how to get over your stage fright."

"That's, actually a good idea." I thought about it.

"Of course it is."

I waved goodbye to Annie, and slipped into the car with Pete. He didn't seem to thrilled.

"I can explain." I started.

"Annie got you into something, you end up being part of the school play, the students think I'm a spy from another school, and you drag me out to keep them from guessing my real identity." Pete listed.

"Well when you put it like that, it sounds like a terrible episode of degrassi." I joked.

"You took too long, so I went looking for you. I didn't know you could sing or play the piano. That's something you'd might've wanted to tell us over ping pong."