Stuck inside this box

Sorry I took a little long for this chapter! Enjoy Darlings!

No copyrights intended. Everything is my own work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 8:

His bed was bare. Not even his mattress was there. His cupboard was emptied out onto the floor and his mini library was ruined. The shelf was laying on the ground with its occupants strewn around it. I walked in slowly still taking the scene in. How come none of us heard this? It looked like Luca was really angry. I picked up the shelf and stacked the books onto it. I glanced at the time on my watch. 5:30 pm. If I start now I'll be able to make it to Lionel's before it shuts. I started with his clothes. Folding and stacking all of his jeans/shorts. His shirts/singlets. His boxers/sweaters. Everything was folded and put into place and the floor was finally visible. I threw his bed sheets and covers Into the washing basket before fixing the mattress onto the bed. I grunted and pulled but it didn't budge. Suddenly the door opened and Nate popped his head in. "What you doing?" He asked me. Im sure if he had come 2 hours ago the sight would have scared him. I sighed before answering him, "cleaning Luca's room." "Why?" He asked again and I sighed even louder. "Honestly I don't know, it looked too messy so I did my job" I replied really exhausted. He nodded slowly before rolling his eyes. "Okaaaaaay" he said dragging the 'a' before walking out and shutting the door. "Wait! Nate I need help!" I called out and moments later he came back into the room. "Help me move this" I ordered pointing towards the mattress and Nate came towards me. He held onto the end and pulled it onto the bed with no effort at all. "Have you been doing drugs? When did you get so strong?" I wondered very impressed. "You don't know anything about me anymore. When was the last time we went to see a movie?" Nate asked me. He looked really upset and for some reason I knew it was because of me. "Nate" I sighed dramatically. "I'm sorry, I'm going to Lionel's now do you wanna come?" I asked him cheerfully trying to get him to loosen up a bit. "Sure" he replied and I smiled. "Let's go then shall we?"

"C'mon c'mon" I muttered to myself. I was waiting in the car for Nate. He had wanted to change his outfit and is taking forever. What is up with boys lately? I watched as the front door opened and he ran out. The car door opened and he took a seat in the passenger seat. "Are you wearing perfume?" I asked sniffing the air. "No" he replied quickly. I chuckled before starting the car. "Seatbelt" I said. He clicked his seatbelt on securely and leaned against the seat. I put the car into drive before leaving the driveway. We both stayed quiet the whole way to Lionel's and I thought it felt a little awkward. When I parked in my reserved parking spot Lionel had so kindly made for me, Nathaniel reached for the door. I used the lock on my side of the car to lock all the doors and he turned to look at me. "Why are you wearing perfume?" I asked quite nosily. I didn't mean to be persistent but it was unusual for Nate. "This is a teens hang out place, girls everywhere" he said in a tone that made me feel stupid. Ohhhh. Right. "Oh yeah" I said absentmindedly before letting him unlock his door. I too got out of the car and we walked in together. It's as if Lionel knew we were coming because he ran right up to us. "Daarling" he greeted before enveloping me in a bone crunching hug. "Lion!" I shouted out in the same tone he had used moments before. "Have I done something wrong? I haven't seen you in a week!" He asked sounding genuinely upset. "Welcome to the club" Nate chimed in and I sighed. I seemed to be doing that a lot lately. "I am so sorry" I apologized turning to look at both boys. "I've just been a little distracted..." I droned on hoping none of them mentioned it. "Aaaah the new Marone, he's cute" Lionel added and I sighed. Again. "Can I sing now? I'm getting bored of talking. It sounds so plain" I quickly said changing the topic. The boys exchanged knowing looks before Lionel ran off towards his pedestal. I watched him hold up his microphone. "Welcome to the stage the lovely Carmela Marone!" He shouted and everybody cheered. They all turned to look at me and Nate hid behind me. I knew he was the shy type. I held onto his arm tugging him to an empty table near the stage. He sat down and I ran on to the stage.