An old 'friend'

No copyrights intended. Everything is my own work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter three:

We've been walking for about 5 minutes when I remembered I was meant to be angry at the boy next to me. I stopped walking. After walking about a meter ahead Luca stopped as well and turned to me. "C'mon" he motioned his hand in front of him and kept walking. "Why'd you do that? Why'd you have to touch me then act as if you're mad at me by slamming the door in my face! You're the one in the wrong not me!" I yelled at him and his stupidity. He turned around and he kind of looked pissed off. Oh. "Are you serious? If you're gonna be a baby then we can just go back" he said and by the tone in his voice I could tell. He was definitely pissed. I was taken aback for a second before I spoke. "No I'm not gonna be a baby but I swear if you try that again with me I'm going to break your hands you got it?" I warned him before walking in front of him. I felt him fall into step next to me and I smiled because he didn't say anything. "Turn here" he said after walking for another 5 minutes. I turned and there in front of me was none other than my all time favorite band, hedley. Along with another 5000 people. "OH MY GOD HOW DID YOU KNOW?!" I screamed and started hitting his arm from excitement. He laughed and screamed over the 5000 people cheering; "YOU KNOW HEDLEY?" Instead of answering I just screamed and started singing along to 'perfect'.

Waving my arms and screaming and cheering and crying, many of the things I did and I loved it. "I totally forgive you" I said to Luca as we walked back to Lionel cafe. He nodded his head. We walked in silence after that. It was a comfortable silence though. I walked up to my car and got in and waited for Luca to get in but instead he just kept walking. I stood up on one foot and poked my head over the top of my roof. "Luca! Where you going?" I questioned him. "Home?" He replied like it was the most obvious thing. "Well so am I.. Come with me?" I asked him and he hesitated before climbing into the passenger seat. I put my car into drive and drove away from the cafe. "I thought your name was Carmela Daneel" Luca stated randomly. I looked at him but he was staring out the window. "It is" I replied taking a turn. "Lionel called you Carmela Marone" he said simply still staring out the window. "It's commonly mistaken, I live there so people think I'm one of them. No one knows I work there" I explained. "Why do you live there? Don't your parents mind?" He asked again. I was confused as to why he cared but still answered nonetheless. "My parents live far away, I moved here for school then ended up staying here. The Marone place is a job and accommodation in one. Score for me!" I answered his questions. He nodded slowly as if taking all this in. I knew I was lying but I barely knew Luca so I didn't feel too bad. I hate lying, yet I do it so often.

Once we got back home Luca wondered off to his room and I went to mine. I took a shower because I so desperately needed one and climbed into bed. I don't know how long it's been but I'm still lying in my bed wide awake and I hate it! The whole house was quiet until I heard shuffling from the room next door, Luca's. I debated whether or not to get up and I did. Walking over to his door, I knocked lightly. No answer. I knocked again a little louder and silence replied. I opened the door slightly and peeked in. What I saw was not what I expected. Luca's room was empty of any living form. The window was open slightly, a book jammed between the window and the sill. Keeping the window open so when he came back he could sneak back in! That sneaky bastard! Cynthia's gonna be angry. I ran over to his window and saw nothing. He was already gone. I ran back to my room quietly and grabbed my phone. Please please please yes! I did have his number. I called him and waited for him to answer. After a while he did. "Hello?" He answered. "You idiot! How can you be so stupid! It's only your 3rd day and you're already sneaking out! You're not a teenager anymore. You're gonna make Cynthia so upset if she finds out!" I basically scolded him trying to keep my voice down. "Relax, I couldn't sleep I just went for a jog" he replied totally unfazed by my outburst. "Liar. If you went for a jog why'd you use the window and not the door?" I questioned him catching onto his poor attempt at an excuse. "I didn't want to make noise" "you didn't want to make noise my ass come home right now!" I ordered him. I half expected him to shut the phone in my face like he did with the door a day ago. Instead he sighed. "Fine, I'm coming."