Friends again

Made it to chapter 10, I find that pretty cool. So anyways enjoy the chapter! Took me a while to write it, wanted to make sure it was perfect.

So basically I have to finish the whole of 'wuthering heights' by Monday. Kill me. I hate being a VCE student tbh.

No copyrights intended. Everything is my own work.

Without further ado, 'friends again'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 10: woohoo!

'Hurry hurry hurry' I chanted in my head. I grabbed the wet kitchen towel and wiped the table. I threw the rag into the kitchen sink before pushing all the chairs in. I opened the fridge door and put the milk, eggs and butter back where they belong. It was the morning after the unexpected dinner and I was cleaning up after breakfast. I was scheduled for a lunch date with Cameron but I had slept in and now I was running late. I ran upstairs into my room and took off my apron. I got into the shower and rinsed my body and conditioned my hair. Once I had finished drying my hair, I put on a pair of skinny jeans and my Favourite top; a light yellow crop. It was pretty warm outside so it was totally appropriate. I brushed my hair as fast as I could and slipped on my sandals. I applied a little eyeliner and mascara, just enough to make me look presentable. I made sure everything was in my purse before running downstairs and out the front door. I got into my car with a big smile on my face. This was going to be fun.

"Hey, sorry I'm late" I apologized and greeted the handsome doctor who was seated in front of me. "No it's fine I haven't been here long" he replied and I sighed. Thank god. "You look lovely" Cameron complimented and I smiled widely. I crossed my arms on the table and nodded. "As do you." He chuckled before waving over the waitress. "Can I start you off with some drinks?" The waitress asked and Cameron nodded. "Just a water for me and for you?" He asked me. "Umm maybe coke?" I replied lamely. The waitress whose name was Jo, courtesy of her name tag, nodded and wrote it down. "I'll be right back" she said before walking away. "So what would you like to eat?" Cameron questioned me eyeing my menu. I picked it up and hummed. "Ooh I want the fettuccine Napoli" I replied. He nodded at me. "Great choice, I'm getting that too." Jo came back to our table with a cup of ice water and a cup of coke. She set them down in front of us. She turned to Cameron and asked if we were ready to order. I watched as Cameron ordered for the both of us and I couldn't help but grin. He was so cute. Jo walked off and Cameron turned towards me. "Talk to me, how's your leg?" He wondered. I looked down at my leg as if I could see it and shrugged my shoulders. "That's it?" Cameron asked and shrugged his shoulders too. I nodded. "How was last night? Did you enjoy it?" He asked again. "So fun! Having to clean up after 14 people. Best way to spend my Sunday night" I replied in a sarcastic tone. Cameron laughed and I watched his shoulders shake. "You're cute Carmela" he said simply and I smiled. "I know" I cooed. Jo came to our table holding two plates of fettuccine Napoli and set them down in front of us. "If you need anything else just wave" she said with a big smile before walking to another table. I picked up my fork and dug into my food. How much I loved Italian food. Luca was Italian, did he love Italian food too? "You got a little" Cameron suddenly said and he motioned towards his lip. I laughed and licked all around my lips. Cameron copied me and took a sip of his water.

"I don't like ducks" I confessed and Cameron cracked up laughing. He literally clutched his stomach and fell onto the ground. I took this opportunity to start kicking him for making fun of me. He let go of his stomach and grabbed my leg causing me to fall down too. He got on top of me and started tickling me. I held my breath before bursting out in laughter. I ended up being unable to breathe and instead laughing loud enough for everyone around to hear. A shadow towered over us and we both looked up. A woman who looked like she was in her late 40s stood there with a grin. "You guys are too lovely!" She exclaimed and we both stood up and dusted ourselves off. "Just my luck it is! I'm a playwright and my latest drama is going to be played tomorrow afternoon! My two actors who were supposed to play Daniella and Nicholas are out sick. Would you two fill in for them?" The lady rushed out without giving us a second to greet her. Cameron looked a little shocked before composing himself and chuckled. He put his arm around my shoulders and looked at me. "You're gonna have to ask the mrs" he said. The lady looked at me with hope in her eyes and I couldn't help it. "Yes of course we would!" The lady jumped up and clapped her hands. "Oh Joy! Here are all the details, you can sing right?" She asked and I laughed. "Yes I can" I reassured her and her grin got even bigger, if that was possible. "See you then!" The lady spoke. After handing the papers to Cameron she walked away. Cameron and I took a seat on a nearby bench and opened the folder. There were two scripts, a schedule and 7 tickets to the show. "I can bring my mum!" Cameron announced. "Who are you bringing?" "Uh probably just Cynthia, Nate and Jonah" I replied without much thought. "How bout the other three? You can invite Luca and Anthony! And Anthony's woman" Cameron suggested. I went quiet. Did I want them there? "Yeah great idea."