Chapter 14.

I heard her soft cry, saw glimpses of her tiny body being taken away from mine. Her eyes squinted, fist clenched close. The doctor began to bring me her close to me, pulling off his surgical mask. "You don't deserve this child. You're nothing but a body I used for fun. You thought the cold-hearted gang leader loved you?!"

   I felt the tears fall from my eyes. I couldn't move, couldn't say anything. He walked out of the door, my baby in his hand...

   "Evelyn, angel wake up!" I bolted up, finding myself being held by Aaron. My cheeks were wet. "Same dream?" I nodded my head, resting it on his shoulder. "H-he was taking t-the baby." Aaron kisses my forehead. "Shhh, he can't hurt us, he's dead. Gone, forever."

   The same nightmare has been intruding my sleep for 3 weeks now. I know Mark is dead, he was dead the minute Aaron arrived at the warehouse that night. Not before a brutal, brutal beating. Aaron wouldn't tell me the details, but I know how to put bits and pieces together.

   I looked down at the bump resting on my stomach, now big enough to notice I'm pregnant but not big enough to be ready to pop. Somewhere in there was a baby, my baby. Only Lily knows the gender, insisting on we have some huge gender reveal party tonight. Aaron thinks boy, but with every dream and nightmare I've had, it's always a girl.

I sighed, making my way off of the comfortable bed and stepped into the bathroom. Showers were not an easy accomplishment anymore. My belly restricted a lot of movements, and shaving was impossible. Aaron is really helpful, always helping with washing my body, and Lily helps with the whole shaving thing.

It wasn't until noon that Lily insisted we get out of the house. Practically pushing Aaron, Emmet, and I out of the house, we were to not come back for 4 hours. We decided to eat lunch and then go baby shopping.

"I can't believe your actually going to go baby shopping." I smiled at Aaron seeing how excited he was. "Well I never thought I would but here I am, at some baby store with the woman I love." He grabbed my hand and kissed my forehead. "And me!" Emmet said from the backseat. I laughed and got out of the car.

Walking into Mia & Rode was very overwhelming. Isles laid ahead full of colorful items and 'must-haves' with an employee located along each one. There were several sections; clothing, gear, feeding, travel, and toys. I grabbed a shopping cart and headed towards the nursery furniture.

Halfway there, I realized Emmet and Aaron were no longer beside me. I went back towards the front isles, waking down each one before I heard Emmet's sweet laugh. "ROAR!" Aaron was wearing a lion mask, playing with Emmet who had on a safari hat. "Ahhh, wion!" I smiled watching the scene unfold in front of me, and began to walk back to the nursery furniture.

"Hello, is there anything I can help you find in particular?" A short, blonde haired woman with green eyes stood in front of me. "Oh no, ok just looking." She smiled at me, looking down at my baby bump. "Boy of girl?" I gave her a polite smile. "We'll actually find out tonight." I turned to the side and showed interest in a white crib. "Oh that's a customer favorite! Very affordable and can be converted into a toddler bed, and then later on, a full size bed, too."

Okay now she's just getting annoying. The crib was beautiful though. I loved it. A body pressed against mine, lips kissing the side of my neck. "Where did y'all go?" Emmet was the one to answer, Aaron occupied by kissing me everywhere but my lips. "Ron was a wion and my was a sawary aventure!"

"I like this crib, the white will go with any color." This time, when Aaron kissed me, his lips met mine. I kissed back with every ounce of love I had for him, not caring that my little brother and the sales worker were right next to us. "If you love it, I love it." Aaron turned to the lady, "we want this one."

He took care of paying for it and helping a couple of other employees help load the box into his Range Rover and took us back home. We had just pulled into the drive way when Lily texted me, saying it was time. I felt my baby, our baby, kick my stomach as I read it. Soon baby, I'll know what you are soon. We just have to be patient.