Chapter 4.

"You can't keep me here."
        "I can and I will."
        "No, you can't."
        "It's not a choice."
        "I can't stay here!"
        "And why not? Who in their right mind would stop me from keeping you?"

       Aaron had just gotten back and informed me that I would be living here with him. He's crazy if he thinks I'd would actually agree to this. "I have to go home. My baby brother needs me" he looked down at me. "Tell me about him." Aaron puts a hand on my lower back and leads me to the bed.

       "He's three years old. I'm the only person he has left. Our parents died in a car accident when he was 3 weeks old. He loves the tv show, Paw Patrol, and is so energetic." I smiled to myself thinking about Emmet. "Where is he now?" Aaron asked quietly. Well, last night I went out with friends and he spent the night with a friend from school. OH GOD," my eyes widened, "he has to be so scared! What time is it? I said I'd pick him up a little after noon."

      Aaron looked at his watch on his right wrist, "It's ok, it's only 11:36. Do you know the address of the house he's at?" I nodded my head. "Great, go get freshened up and I'll take you to pick him up in an hour." And with that, he left the room, leaving me with only my thought.

      A thousand things were rushing through my head. Why was the scary gang leader being so caring towards me? And how am I supposed to explain to Emmet who the strange man is next to me when we pick him up? I shook my head, clearing my mind, and walked into the bathroom.

        After taking a quick shower and blow drying my hair, I walked back into Aaron's room. On the bed, there was a little stack of clothes, as well as a note.

               Eve-
  I hope these clothes are fine, I had Justin's girlfriend bring them up. Y'all seem about the same size. Anyway, when you're done I'll be waiting downstairs.

       Whoever Justin's girlfriend was, she has the cutest ripped jeans ever! I quickly put them on and then threw the dark green top over my head. The only shoes I had were my beige booties from last night, it's better than being barefoot, i thought to myself. I slid them on, took one last look in the mirror, and went downstairs.

      "You ready?" Aaron asked me when I came downstairs. I nodded my head and followed him out the front door. "Are the clothes okay?" "Yes." "Good, Lily said you could have them, too." I guess he saw the confusion on my face and said, "Lily is Justin's girlfriend." Oh. "Cool, but who is Justin?" Aaron chuckled softly to himself. "My 2nd in command. He's a pretty good friend to me, too."

       "Wait. You're telling me that this big and bad gang leader has a best friend?" I smirked at him. "I've known him since we were little, if that's what a best friend is then yes." I smiled to myself, maybe there's a soft side to the mean and tough Aaron.

     We got into a black Rang Rover, gosh, do they know what colors are? "Do you have the address?" "Yeah, its 332 Jamie Way." He put it into the gps built into the car. I leaned back into my seat, thinking of excuses of who this man was when we get Emmet.