Chapter 5.

I got out of the car and walked up to the front door. Aaron knocked once, and then stepped behind me. A very tired looking woman opened the door. "Evelyn! Come right in. The boys are playing in Travis' room."

We stepped inside the house and entered the living room. "Did Emmet behave well?" I asked. "Oh yes, dear! He was so polite, you sure are raising him to be quite the gentlemen!" She looked at Aaron standing beside me. "Hello, I don't think we've met yet," she said as she shook his hand. Aaron cleared his throat, "No ma'am, I'm Aaron, Eve's boyfriend."

I looked up at him in shock. What. The. Heck. This man is NOT my boyfriend! He sent me a look that said we'd talk about this later. "Oh, well nice to meet you, Aaron. I'm Lucy, travis' mother." She smiled sweetly at both of us. "I'll be right back, I'm going to go get the boys." She walked at out the room, leaving just me and Aaron.

"BOYFRIEND?" I harshly whispered/yelled. "Yes, boyfriend." "Um, if I remember quickly correctly, you have never asked me out nor did I say I wanted to date you." He smirked, "You're mine." I so could of slapped him if it wasn't for a very excited little boy running into the room.

"EVE! MY MISS YOU." I reached down to pick him up, smothering him in kisses. "Me too buddy! Did you have fun?" He nodded his head, "And did you remember to use your manners?" He nodded his head again. "Good boy." I hugged him tightly before setting him back on the ground.

Either he wasn't interested in the man stand beside me, or he was just scared of him, but he didn't say anything about him. Yet. "Okay, do you have all your stuff ready?" "Yes." "Go get your backpack from upstairs and tell Travis and his mother goodbye. AND THANK YOU!" I yelled as he ran back upstairs.

"He seems nice." Aaron looked at me. "Well I've taught him to be, so be better be behaved at all times." Aaron sneaked an arm around my waist as Lucy walked back in. She smiled at us, "Well, thank you for letting him stay. Travis was so excited to finally have a friend over." "No, thank you! It's just been me and Emmet for a while now, a friend is just what he needs." She smiles as the boys came into the living room.

"Hey Travis." I said as he smiled shyly. "You ready to go Emmet?" "Yes. Can my get i-cream?" "Maybe, if you say goodbye and thank you." He turned around, "Tank you for my say." I smiled, he's such a sweet little guy. "Awe, your welcome sweetie! Say bye Travis." Lucy told him. "Bye," Travis said, once again shyly. We waved bye and left.

"Crap." "What?" Aaron asked me. "I don't have a car seat." He looked at Emmet standing beside me. "There's a Target in town, just sit in the back with him and we'll go buy one." "Ok." I got Emmet in the car and buckled him up in the middle. Sitting next to him, I heard him whisper to me, "who dat?"

Aaron must of heard him, because the next thing I know, his hand is on my knee and he's answering for me. "I'm your sister's boyfriend, Aaron." He looked at me in the mirror and smirked. "Here Emmet, just play games on my phone." I handed him my phone, and waited to get to Target.

When we found the car seats at Target, Aaron and Emmet looked a black car seat, of course it has to be black. I couldn't help look at the infant car seats, gosh I loved babies. I can't wait until I am a mother, after I find the right guy of course. Maybe you have. STOP THINKING LIKE THIS!

"Hey Eve, you think this one is okay?" It was a black and grey car seat with white stitching. I read the details about it.

        Babyworld's top-rated Nautilus 65 3-in-1 harness booster seat can be used from toddler to youth, keeping your growing child safe. It secures your child in a five-point harness from 20 to 65 pounds, converts to a belt-positioning booster from 30 to 100 pounds and becomes a backless booster seat from 40-100 lb. Its Simply Safe Adjust harness allows you to adjust the harness and headrest together as your child grows, with no time-consuming rethreading. You'll appreciate the strength of the steel-reinforced frame, three-position recline for comfort and fit while your little passenger  enjoys a personal cup holder and storage compartment.

     "It's perfect! And it'll last him a while. It's better than the one he has now." I looked at the price, $106. Holy crap. $106 for a car seat? That's crazy! "Um, maybe we should get one of the cheaper ones. I don't have enough money for this one." I watched Emmett play with the toys across the isle.

    "I never said you were paying." I looked at Aaron. "Why wouldn't I? It's my little brother." "And it's my car." He stepped closer to me. "Aaron, I can't let you pay for this." I stepped back and my back was picked against the shelves. "Well angel, I want to buy this car seat. Emmet deserves the best, as well do you." I put his hands on my waist, "Your mine and you're going to get the best." He leaned down, our foreheads touching.

      "My want tiss!" Emmet ran up to us, holding a stuffed animal, specifically, the bulldog from Paw Patrol. Way to ruin the moment, Emmet.