(8) The bad girl falling for a bad boy?

If you're uncomfortable with sex scenes, just skip the part that says --warning--.

Chapter 8

Michael's POV

When we got to my place, Ivy went to take a shower. I just sat on the couch, staring at the blank TV screen. Why did it feel so good to know that she'd be living here for a while? Obviously, sleeping in the same bed would have its perks, plus she was a great cook. Wow, that made me sound like an assh*le. But those weren't the reasons I was so elated that she was here.

What was I going to do until this whole thing with her ex was done with? I couldn't follow her to work or stay with her 24/7, but I didn't want her going anywhere alone. Oh, God, what was happening? Was I falling in love with her?

Monica was nothing but a memory by now. When I thought of Monica, I still felt betrayal, but no more heartbreak. When I thought of Ivy, my heart warmed. Well, my heart and something a bit lower, but that was beside the point. Did I love her? How could you tell if you loved someone? Those Facebook quizzes sure as hell didn't work.

I ran a hand through my hair. What if Steven got arrested tomorrow and Ivy moved back into her place? The thought of her leaving so soon made me depressed. Why the hell was I so whipped? Ivy came down the stairs in only a towel. Oh yeah, that's why.

Damn, she was so sexy. Her skin was flushed slightly pink from the heat and her body was still moist. Her hair was wet and naturally wavy. She walked over to the suitcase that was leaning on the wall of the threshold between the living room and kitchen. The sight of her long legs covered in tiny droplets of water made me clench my fists. It was times like this that made me wonder what the hell her ex had been thinking when he cheated on her.

From experience, I knew how amazing she was in bed. She always trusted me when I told her I was going out with my friends; she didn't even call or text to make sure I wasn't cheating. Not that I ever even thought about cheating on her. The thought of seeing her again pushed away any impulses I had toward other women. She let me have a good time with my friends, and I returned the favor.

Carolina, Ivy's friend that was currently seeing Gavin, had a talk with me a while after the club incident. Well, not so much a 'talk' as a 'death threat', but you get the point. Apparently, Ivy had been horribly depressed when Steven cheated on her, and Carolina was very protective of her. She assured me that Ivy wouldn't ever cheat on someone she was with, and for some reason, I believed her.

Now that I thought about it, I trusted Ivy even more than I had trusted Monica at one point. That realization shocked me.

I walked over to her and grabbed her by the waist from behind. She was slightly bent over to get clothes out of the suitcase, so that put us in a very suggestive position. "Michael..." The sound of my name leaving her lips, even in exasperation, was one of the best sounds I'd ever heard.

She straightened and turned around in my arms. "Hmm?" I asked, kissing down her neck.

"Come on, didn't you get enough at my apartment?" she laughed. That was another thing I loved about her, she always teased me and left me wanting more.

"I can never get enough of you," I mumbled against the spot between her neck and shoulder. That was completely true.

"I just showered, I don't wanna get sweaty," she said, but her breathing picked up and the words had no conviction. I knew I had her in my grasp.

"Then let me do all the work." I kissed her, not giving her time to accept or decline my offer.

As always, she kissed me back, and the feel of her lips and tongue against mine felt so right. Thinking of her lips made me think of where they were last night. My d*ck that always seemed to be magnetized to her grew harder. Her hands went up to my pecs and shoulders so I took my shirt off, loving the feel of her hands on my skin. She moaned her approval in my mouth. I picked her up bridal style and carried her up the stairs, my lips never leaving hers.