(2) The bad girl falling for a bad boy?

Chapter 2

Ivy's POV

'Why the fuck did I give him my number?' I thought as I walked to find a taxi. Usually if a guy asks for my number, I tell him to fuck the hell off. It felt different having sex with him, though. It was... closer. As if we were emotionally connected. Which was weird, 'cause I'd just met the guy.

Whatever, that was probably the best sex I'd ever had. I checked my watch, shit. I had to be at work in a while. If I was late again, I'd probably get fired. My job was at a restaurant as a waitress. It paid okay and I got good tips. My apartment was in a bad place in the city, though. Really cheap, but very dangerous. Nothing like Michael's neighborhood.

It was all cool, though. One thing I couldn't stand was whining and complaining. This is the way I look at it. If you don't like it, change it. If you can't change it, shut the fuck up. Wow that was a nice quote, I should sell that on a t-shirt or something. Yeah, I was weird in case you haven't already noticed.

I spotted a cab and waved it over. When I gave him my address, he looked at me worried, but he drove me. It was a dangerous place. Lots of gangs fought and there were gunshots almost every night, but I only went there to change, and occasionally to sleep. I didn't sleep at home a lot.

I was cool with all of the neighbors and shit, and I even babysat the neighbor's kids a few times. Yeah, I was probably one of the best people to babysit children. What parent wouldn't want their kid to grow up like me? Note the sarcasm. It's not like I stripped in the living room while I watched them or anything, just that I was a terrible influence.

The cabbie pulled over by my building, and I wanted to kill someone when I saw the car across the street. Fucking Steven. Aren't ex-boyfriends fun? He was the asshole who took my virginity, pretended to love me, then cheated on me. And his excuse was so original, 'I was drunk'. After I walked in on them, I stopped giving a shit.

I paid the driver, got out, and shut the door harder than necessary. Steven was at my front door, waiting for me. "What the fuck do you want, Steven?" When we were together, I never used to call him that. It was always 'Steve'.

He rolled his eyes like it was obvious, "You, duh."

"Lame ass motherfucker."

"Baby, people make mistakes. How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?"

I pretended to think about it, "Keep saying it over and over again until the world starts spinning backwards and time reverses so you could decide not to cheat on me."

"Come on, I miss you. I still love you and I always will."

"Until you get drunk again? I don't have time for this, I gotta go."

He blocked the door, "Just give me one more chance!"

"No. Now move before I kick you in the balls."

He could tell I was serious, so he started walking toward his car. "I'm not gonna give up, Ivy. I mean it, I will get you back."

I rolled my eyes, "Good fucking luck." I opened the door and nearly ran into David. He was the landlord and watched out for everyone in the building. He also had a wife and two daughters so he didn't like seeing women abused. "Hey, David."

"Hello, Ivy. I was just checking to make sure everything's alright with that boy."

I waved it off, "Everything's fine. He's just an ex who wants to get back together."

He nodded. "If he gives you any trouble, you know to call me, right?"

"Of course." I smiled and went up the stairs to the fifth floor. My uniform was simple black or white pants with a shirt that had the restaurant name on it. I showered quickly and threw on some white pants and rolled up the bottoms so they came just below my knees. After putting the shirt on, I left.