Trust

"He couldn't have been here longer than an hour." Steve told you and Bucky as the three of you made your way toward the building.

"Long enough to wake them up." Bucky spoke up from behind you, cautiously raising his gun in case any threat was ti come.

"Then lets end this before it can get any worse." You told them, bringing your powers to life as your eyes began to glow a bright blue, focusing on anything and everything around you in order to protect yourself and the guys. it was quiet, almost too quiet for your liking. As the three of you silently made your way through the building, you couldn't shake the feeling that what was coming wasn't going to be anything any of you could truly prepare for. Sure you were going to fight assassins, but you couldn't help but feel like there was a much bigger fight about to happen, and you where quickly broken from those thoughts when the three of you heard something on the other life of the metal doors to the room you were now in.

"You guys ready?" Steve asked as you and Bucky got behind his shield. You with your powers at the ready, your blue haze already making an appearance, and Bucky with his gun raised and finger on the trigger.

"Were ready Steve." You whispered as your eyes glowed just a bit brighter when the doors began to open, but what you didn't expect was to see a familiar face. "Tony?"

"You guys seem a little defensive." Tony pointed out as he raised his mask and hands in surrender.

"Its been a long day." Steve told him as he cautiously made his way toward Tony.

"At ease soldier, Y/n, I'm not currently after the two of you." Tony said when he noticed you and Bucky were still on the defense.

"Then what are you doing here?" Steve asked sternly as he got closer.

"Maybe your story isn't so crazy." He started, realizing that he had been wrong the whole time about you and Bucky. "Secretary Ross has no idea I'm here, I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise I gotta arrest myself." Tony told him, attempting to make light of the situation, and sighing when he finally saw Steve lower his shield.

"Its good to see you, Tony." Steve responded in a much softer tone than before.

"You too Cap." Tony told him, gently and sadly smiling after. When he looked toward you and Bucky, he sighed before looking in between the three of you once again. "Come on you guys, you're killing me."

"How can I trust you Tony?" You asked him, standing in front of Bucky to protect him. "Are you really on our side, or is this all just a trick?"

"I wouldn't trick you Y/n, I'm on your side. Ross wouldn't help search for Zemo, and you guys need all the help you can get, please Y/n, I'm just trying to help." Tony told you. When you searched his eyes, all you saw was regret for the things he had done, wanting nothing more than to right his wrongs and help the three of you.

When you looked back at Bucky, you saw him lower his gun and look at you with the same sorrow Tony did. You looked back at Tony, posture softening as you're eyes returned to their normal color and your blue haze slowly vanishing around the room. "Fine, but if you hurt either one of them-"

"I'll regret it." Tony finished for you with a smile, missing the timed when the two of you were so close you'd finish each others sentences.

"You got that right Iron Ass." You told him with a small but pained smirk, not entirely sure if you truly did trust him yet or not. "Now come on you guys, we're wasting time." You told the three boys as you allowed Tony to lead the way, not yet wanting to turn your back to him.

Once the four of you arrived in the room that contained all the cryo tubes, you all began to feel on edge, and when you heard Zemo's voice, it didn't help calm any of you. "If it's any comfort, they died in their sleep." He spoke before turning the lights in the room on for all of you to see the bodies of the assassins you thought were going to be unleashed. "Did you really think I wanted more of you?"