The Aether

The room around you was dark, the only thing that surrounded you was stone. In the center of the room was a rectangular stone, and from the center came a red glow. You slowly made your way toward the glowing light, it was calling for you. As you came up to it, you crouched down to see what was causing the it. When you looked through the cracks you saw ever changing red shards of stone moving freely throughout the area. You weren't sure what came over you, but you wanted to touch one of the shards. Unfortunately it turned out to be a huge mistake, once you touched one, all of them attacked your hand, seeping into your veins through your pores.

You screamed out in pain when it began and quickly pulled your hand back, but it was too late. Whatever this was, it had already made your body it's new home. You felt an extreme amount of power running through your body, but with the power you already contained it became overwhelming. Your body couldn't take it anymore and you passed out right there.

"What if all the Dark Elves aren't gone? What if they're just hiding and we can't find them? What if they come back? What about the Aether?"

"My father and his army finished them, there is nothing to worry about child."

"The darkness will not come princess, your grandfather was just explaining Asgardian history to you."

Your eyes slowly began to open, everything was blurry and you could still feel all the pain. You don't know how you got here and you weren't sure how long you had been out for, but the sun was up now. As everything came into focus once again you realized you were in an abandoned building. You looked around expecting someone to pop out of the corners but no one did. You decided it would be best to try and find a way out of this building, there were blue and red lights that led you to your exit. When you walked outside you were met with a very anxious looking Tony, and an even more anxious Steve as well as five police cars.

"Y/n! Thank god you're okay!" Steve shouted as he ran over to you with Tony following closely behind. "What happened? Where did you go?" He asked frantically.

"Easy Cap, give her a minute." Tony told him sternly when he noticed how uneasy you looked. He reached out to place a hand on your shoulder but you quickly backed away. This was unusual for you, you were never scared of Tony or Steve, and now they were both even more worried than before. "Y/n, what happened in there?" Tony asked as calmly as he could.

You looked around at all the police cars and officers around you. Every single one of them was staring at you as they wrote down information and called for backup. "Why are the police here?" You asked the two of them rather harshly. They were both taken back by your tone.

"Y/n, you were gone for five hours." Steve said sadly.

"What? How is that even possible?" You asked, growing slightly frantic.

"We don't know. Jarvis couldn't even get a read on you. No heat signature. No pulse rate. Nothing." Tony explained to you. "It's like you just vanished."

"I don't understand. How did I get here?" You asked the two, only to be met with a confused look that you assumed was the same as yours. You were about to speak up again until you heard a voice you hadn't heard in almost a year.

"Y/n! Are you alright?" Thor asked as he made his way toward the three of you.

"I'm fine... I think." You told the three of them as you examined your wrists.

"Y/n, Heimdall could not see you, where did you go?" Thor asked urgently.

"I don't know.." You weren't lying, you really had no idea where you were or how you even got there.