I Knew Them

As you sat next to Steve in the van, you didn't care about all the pain you were feeling. Your shoulder was pumping out blood faster than you would even care to notice, the cuffs and collar were shocking you every now and again, but you didn't notice any of it. You hurt Steve and you couldn't let your mind get past it. You didn't mean to, you were only trying to protect him from what he would have done to himself if he knew Bucky had been alive and he didn't go after him. You were pulled from your thoughts when you headed Steve, Sam, and Natasha talk amongst themselves.

"He looked right at me and didn't even know me." Steve whispered, still in disbelief that his best friend was alive.

"How is that even possible? That was like seventy years ago" Sam replied, then looked over to you concerned as you refused to look anywhere but at your cuffs.

"Whatever Zola did helped Bucky survive the fall." Steve started until he finally turned to you, giving you a glare that wasn't seen but was felt. "I wouldn't know the rest of the story." Steve gritted through his teeth.

"Steve, can't you see she was only trying to protect you?" Natasha pointed out, she always had your back when it was needed. Even though she was upset that you never at least told her, she understood why you couldn't. "You would have destroyed yourself if you found out he was alive back then and you know that. Why can't you just see that she was only looking out for you?" She continued as she watched everything sink into his mind.

"Y/n?" Steve began in a much softer tone then he had been using with you, "is that true?" He asked quietly.

"Yes." You replied quietly, you wouldn't turn to look at him, you could still only sense the betrayal in his voice and didn't want to see it in his eyes too. At that moment the pain you were feeling had finally gotten the best of you. Your collar and cuffs began to shock you again but without end this time. You tried to hold back your screams and fight back tears which only increased your heart rate, causing blood to pump out of your wound faster.

Steve took notice and tried to comfort you but was stopped by his own restraints. He was about to speak up but Sam beat him to it. "We need to get pressure on that wound and those devices off of her or she's gonna bleed out right here in the truck!" He yelled at the hydra agents.

Just then one of them pulled a weapon out and pointed it at Sam, at first all of you jumped back slightly, until the agent used the weapon on the other one. As soon as they pulled off the helmet, you realized it was none other than Maria Hill. "That thing was squeezing my brain." She said as she dropped the helmet to he floor. She quickly made her way over to you with a set of keys, "alright y/n, time to get you out of these." She told you as she unlocked both of them quickly. She then made her way to unlocking Steve who was quick to your side to apply pressure to your shoulder. Then she made her way to same and have him a look of confusion. "Who's this guy?"

No one answered, there wasn't enough time. As soon as he I cuffed Natasha, Maria told you where to teleport everyone to. Everyone linked arms and you worked your magic. After using that much power at your state you began to feel weak. You fell into Steve's chest only to push yourself away with as much strength as you could muster up. You wouldn't let yourself get close enough to him if it meant you would only cause him pain. Steve took notice in your actions but only cautiously brought you closer, he hated the way he treated you back on the bridge and didn't want you to think that was how he still felt toward you. When he pulled you back to him you didn't have enough strength to fight him anymore, instead you kept your eyes to the ground.

Maria opened the doors for all of you and immediately called medical to meet all of you at the entrance. "She's lost at least a pint." She told some of the team as they came rushing toward you.