Family

"Welcome to your new room kid!" Bucky said excitedly, proud of the handy work him and Steve did before all the madness had happened. It was only meant to be a guest room, mainly for Steve, that was until Bucky met you, now you're a permanent guest. There was a bed of your own, a closet full of clothes, a small bathroom that was perfect in your eyes and your favorite part, a perfect view of the city through a very lovely window, something you had forgot existed while you were a prisoner. You were speechless, which caused Bucky to worry and began to run his hand nervously through his hair to the back of his neck, "that is... if you like it I mean. We can always change it up, move things around. Whatever you want doll, I just thought -"

You cut him off by running and jumping up to him, wrapping your arms around him to give him an appreciative hug. He stood there shocked for a moment but then returned the hug. "Thank you Bucky! Thank you so so much! I love it!" You squealed and giggled and Bucky squeezed you tighter while jumping up and down with you in his arms, proud that you loved your new room. "Thanks Buck!" You said again as he lowered you down to the ground again, still having his arm draped over your shoulder as you two left the room.

"Anything for you doll!" He said with a genuine smile. He looked down at you as you looked up at him returning the smile and pulled you even closer. "Come on, we're gonna go some place fun today!" He exclaimed.

"Where are we going?" You asked curiously but also excited knowing that Bucky knew how to have fun and you've been deprived of it for far too long.

"Coney Island kid! You'll love it!" He said, grabbing his keys and wallet before heading out the door. As soon as he locked everything up your stomach began to growl, you looked up at him and gave him a shy smile with a small laugh. He looked down at you and laughed to himself and shook his head, "guess we gotta get some more of that good food I promised you first, huh?" With that he held out his hand, which you gladly took in yours and you both began to walk off to your new life.

Bucky noticed you starting to stir a bit, but he also noticed you had a small smile. He wasn't too worried, he knew if you had anything that was even close to a hint of a smile, then you weren't having a nightmare. He still wondered what your were dreaming about though, what that little mind came up with for you today. His thoughts were halted when he heard a small giggle coming from you, he wouldn't wake you, he couldn't. He heard a small mumble that sounded a lot like "thank you Bucky.", and he began to smile himself. A few minutes later you finally opened your eyes for the first time since you were injected. You looked at Bucky and smiled, but that smile was short lived when you looked around and realized you were still in your cell. It was all just a dream, taunting you. "I thought we got out already." You stated, disappointment in your tone.

"We're moving the plan to tomorrow, kid." Bucky told you with confidence, "I got it all figured out for us while you were napping." He winked and received a small laugh from you, that is until you remembered why you were asleep in the first place. "Hey, are you alright though? You're not still in pain are you?" You shook your head in response, pushing yourself to sit up right so you could face Bucky. He knew you didn't want to talk about what happened, so he tried to shift your thoughts. He set his jacket flat on the ground in between the two of you to use as a table cloth, then grabbed the two food trays that had been brought in hours ago and placed them in between the two of you as well. He knew the food would be cold so he started digging through is pockets. They never searched him when he came here, not that it would matter, he didn't have much on him. He found a lighter and some matches and figured he'd try to heat up the food a bit. Once his plan worked a little, he lit one of the matches to mimic a candle to place in between the two trays and inside the match box. "Dinner is served doll." He said, giving you his signature Bucky smirk.