Fire

"They beat us to her Steve." Natasha told him as they finally came up to the apartment building. She was ready to fight until something caught the teams eye, a green mist making its way around the building and toward the Hydra agents. A smirk played upon her lips when she saw the agents being thrown in every which direction and then struggling to get back up.

"Doesn't look like they're getting to far with her." Steve told her proudly as ha began to make his way toward the building.

"Cap, what are you doing? She doesn't know we're here and doesn't want us to be here either, remember?" Clint asked with his eyebrow raised.

Steve was about to respond until he smelt smoke, his eyes widened as he looked back at the apartment building you and Bucky were supposed to be in. He looked up to see what he could only assume was your apartment room up in flames. This was now not only a mission to protect you and Bucky, but the team needed to get everyone out of there before the entire building went up in flames. "Avengers, get everyone out of that building before it collapses. Move out!"

~~

"Was the fire part of your plan? Cause I gotta tell ya doll, it wasn't your best idea." Bucky told you sarcastically through coughs caused by the smoke filling up in the room.

"Now isn't the time Barnes, it's not my fault the guy I set on fire ran into the wall instead of jumping out the window." You told him as you tried to look for something in the closet to get rid of the device in his arm. You let out a quick sigh of relief when you found a screwdriver and hammer, and realized it would be good enough for the job. "Hey Bucky?" You said in a much sweeter tone than before, as you turned to him with the tools in your hand.

"I don't think now is the time to get hammered and screw around, y/n." Bucky joked and began to laugh, until he was met by your glare.

"You better hope that arm no longer has any feeling, jackass." You told him as you placed the head of the screwdriver in between the star and one of the metal plates on his arm. As you began hitting it with your hammer, you lifted the star just enough to use your magic to slip the tracking device out that also contained your blood. "Got it." You whispered as you held it in between the two of you with your magic.

"Come out of there soldier! Your little monster doesn't scare me!" The same agent yelled outside of the closet. Somehow he managed to stay alive throughout your tricks, but you weren't about to let it happen again.

You gave Bucky a smirk as your eyes began to glow brighter than earlier, he began to smirk as well once he heard the screams of the agent from the other side of the door. Not only were you killing him from the inside, but you also decided to play a bit more with the fire in the room by throwing him in it. "Think he's scared yet?" You asked Bucky with a mischievous smile.

"If he isn't, then I sure as hell am." He laughed as he went to go finally open the door, quickly pulling his hand away when he realized the handle was burning from the fire on the other side of the door. "Got any other bright ideas princess?" He asked you sarcastically.

"Hey, I never told you to try and open the door." You pointed out. He was about to argue until he realized you were right, "but to answer your question, yes, I do." You told him as you grabbed his hand and teleported him and yourself to the roof of the building next to yours. You slowly let go of his hand and stood up next to him.

"Where was that trick back in the day?" He asked you curiously as he looked between you and the apartment building.

"I wasn't strong enough back then, I wish I was though." You told him sadly. The to of you watched the apartment building as it began to go up in flames, but something caught the corner of your eye. A very familiar red, white, and blue shield, along with a red and gold iron man suit. The avengers had found you and you could only assume it was because they were taking down hydra bases. "Bucky, get down." You whispered.