Him.

Some called me a hero for what happened. But I sure in hell didn't feel like one. I killed my last friend, (if you can call her that.) I had no one. It's your fault. A phrase I repeated over and over in my head even though I knew it wasn't true. I felt dizzy. I needed fresh air. Every time I go outside I either get stares or questions. I hate attention. I decided to go out anyway. The only person I have an acquaintance with is a kid named Johny. He is called the "Soap Lord" at school because he likes the taste of bar soap. I decided to meet him at the market.

"Hi." I said quietly. "Oh Hey." He said back. "Did you hear the news." He started. "Your FAMOUS!" "Shit" I snapped. "The last thing I need is attention." He had a disapproving glance. "Sorry" I said, "I'm just shy." "Do your parents like you...cussing." He asked. I remember he was a very innocent person. "No," I said I kept walking. He just stared at me in silence. I stood in line to buy a jacket I liked.

It was navy and gold. I bought it and immediately wore. "Looks nice." Johny said. He had a mouthful of gummy worms. I laughed. "Your so dumb." "Oh I know," he replied with a smirk. I've made a friend. I actually did. Just when I thought it was clear, rain hit us. But that was nothing because I saw a shadow. Near the woods. I hate those woods. Johny saw it too. He tugged on my arm. "Let's go," he said. "It's raining, you can come to my house." I walked towards the woods. Johny followed. He held my hand, we were both trembling. There was no going back. It felt like the wind was pushing us towards the woods. There was a light. It flashed before our eyes. "Were so dead." Johny said. He pulled out a soap bar. "Gross" I whispered. We heard a faint noise. Sounded like talking. "It's a person" I said as the rain hit my face. Johny walked past me, with his soap bar. "AAAHHH" he screamed. He feel down a hill. I slid after him. He was covered in dirt. "You okay," This didn't sound like Johny. I saw the shadow again and it was behind a tree. I helped Johny up. "Hello," we said. "We won't hurt you." Johny said. I walked to a tree.

I came face to face with a boy. He looked scared. He had blonde hair and black glasses. He looked about 14. His clothes were torn and dirty. I blushed. He was cute. I haven't had a crush since 1st grade and that kid was a jerk. "I know you." He said. Your the one that saved the town." "Uhh...I guess." I said. Johny caught on. "This is Marie! She is soooo brave and cool." He emphasized. I kicked him. "I'm Johny, the weird kid." He squawked. "Shhh, the boy said. I rolled my eyes. "Who are you?" Johny asked. "I'm Carson," he said. "I've been here for three days. Someone took her." "Took who" I said. "My girlfriend" he said. My heart sank. "There were people who take others to experiment on them. Their base is in the woods somewhere. I want to find it and save her." "Follow me!" He said. We walked about a mile to a mini fort he made. We curled inside. There was barely enough room for us to fit but it was better than the pouring rain. Carson offered me a blanket but I declined. So Johny picked it up and wrapped it around him. I didn't realize I was staring at Carson 'till he spoke. "Will you guys help me find her?" He asked. He looked at me. "You already saved the town once, maybe you can save it again." He said. I hesitantly looked at Johny. He looked at me and I knew his answer. "We can try." I said.