Grandma Lucy.

Raiders kept breaking in. As much as my mom loved our home. We knew we had to move. We didn't know where to go at first but one day when Andrew and I got home from school, mama had big news. "Your Grandma Lucy said we could live with her!" "Grandma Lucy?" I asked. "I thought all of our grandparents were dead." "Oh, well your Grandmother is a little lonely and quirky so I thought it would be best if you didn't know about her."

"But she is super nice and-" "Anyone else we don't know about" Andrew interrupted mama. "Uhhh no I don't think so," Mama said. "She hasn't seen you since you were one years old, Andrew." "Oh JOY, I can't wait" Andrew said sarcastically." "Just give a chance you guys," Mama said very impatiently.

Two months later we were on the tram to Grandma's house. "Oh one thing I forgot to tell is that your Grandmother lives in a farmhouse." Mama said. "WHAT!!!!" Andrew shouted. Now everyone on the tram staring at us. Feeling embarrassed, Andrew put his hood on. Andrew hates every animal that isn't a pet. (Not like we've ever had one.) "Relax she only has horses, cows, and chickens." "You think I care." Andrew snapped back. "Good thing about Lucy, she teach you how to talk to your mother." Mama mumbled. After a two hours of traveling we were finally here.

She had no neighbors so I knew I definitely wouldn't be making any friends. (Unless you call your Grandma your friend.) The house was beautiful. Grandma Lucy came out to greet us right away. "Oh My GOSH!" She said. "Julia your babies are beautiful!" But Mama just gave her a hug and smiled. Grandma Lucy was wearing bright green pants with a gray shirt. She wore a bright pink scarf even though it was 75 degrees. She had very pretty curled hair. "You met Andrew way back then remember," mama said with a very straight voice. "Oh YES, indeed I did!!" Giving Andrew a big hug. I always though how grandma Lucy was related to us. "How old are you now" she asked. "Thirteen" Andrew said giving a fake smile.

"Oh and who is this BEAUTIFUL girl," she said facing me. "I'm Marie, nice to meet you." I said, holding my hand out for her to shake it but she just wrapped her arms around me instead. "And how old are you," she asked. "I'm ten." I responded politely, trying to cover up how uncomfortable I was. "Wonderful," she said. I've never seen someone have such a big grin. "Oh what are waiting for come in."

The house was bigger than ours. It had many paintings and coo-coo clocks. " Yes my cousin is a wonderful artist and I  buy a lot of his work." "I love this one"

" "I love this one"

I gulped. "Is that a crow." I ask. "Indeed it is" Grandma Lucy replied. I have Corvidophobia,(fear of crows.)even to this day. So I almost ran out of the house when I saw a painting of a crow in the middle of the kitchen. This was going to be a long stay.