Chapter Twelve - The Unexpected:

Kayla's POV:

Surprisingly, I woke up before my alarm went off. I guess I was pretty excited to see my new boyfriend today.

I jumped out the bed and proceeded to getting myself ready. Today I decided on something girly. I went with a floral dress and a nice, cream colored cardigan. To top it all off, some cream colored heels. I was officially ready.

I grabbed the rest of my belongings and headed out my room door. I went down the stairs and as usual, I headed in the kitchen to make myself some cereal.

After eating, I placed my dishes in the sink and went to the office room. There, I grabbed my school stuff.

My mom was probably still knocked out, so I decided to just take the bus. So that's exactly what I did.

Nathan's POV:

Today was Monday, which meant school.

I got up and got myself ready. I didn't feel like dressing fancy, so I went with some sweatpants and a shirt that I got from school. I added black socks and my purple, black, and white Nikes.

After I was finished, I grabbed my phone and earphones and headed out the room. Once I headed toward the stairs, I smelled bacon. I loved my mom. She always got up early to make us breakfast.

I headed downstairs and to the kitchen. There, I saw my mom and brother. I guess my sister decided to sleep in today.

"What's with the lazy look Nathan?" asked Tristan.

"Bro, just don't bug me. It's a Monday and I'm not feelin' it."

He nodded his head like he got the memo and went to back to eating his food. It surprised me, considering he would usually bug the shit out of me. I guess he had changed. But not by much.

I kissed my mom on the cheek and went to making myself a huge plate.

- 6 minutes later -

I placed my dishes in the sink and went to grab my stuff from the living room. As I did, Tristan followed. After we got our stuff we said goodbye to mom and went out the front door. I guess we were riding the bus today.

Kayla's POV:

- At School -

When I got inside the building, I immediately headed to my locker. There, I exchanged my books. I was kinda nervous yet excited, and my actions didn't help in hiding it. My hands were a little shaky and I couldn't stay in one spot for a long period of time.

- 3 minutes later -

I could see Drew walking towards me from the distance. I couldn't help it, so I ran (Stumbled is more like it. Stupid heels) towards him. Once I got to him, I automatically jumped into his arms. He quickly wrapped his arms around my waist and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Did you miss me that much?" he asked.

"Yes. I'm so happy to see you."

"But it's only been one day Kayla."

"I know, plus you said you weren't gonna judge. Your kinda judging me right now."

"Fine. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to judge. I promise it won't happen again."

"Good. Now give me a real kiss."

He set me down and smiled at me. He then cupped my face with his hands and leaned down to kiss me. That's when we heard someone clear their throat.

We looked to see who it was and there stood Moe and Ginger, smirking at us. I was surprised to see that Alex wasn't with Ginger, considering they were always together. Well, except at lunch.