Chapter One - Moving In:

Kayla's POV:

It's not easy being the new kid. Usually it takes you a while to get comfortable. But, when you do, you probably have to get up and move again. This time we ended up in a small town known as "Duluth, Georgia." The weather was nice, so I guess I couldn't complain too much.

When we pulled up in the driveway, I noticed the house was bigger than the one we lived in before. Without wasting any time, I quickly grabbed my box with my "important belongings"and headed to the front door.

As soon as I got to the door, I realized it was locked. How was I supposed to go explore now? Once I thought that, I heard footsteps grow louder from behind me.

" I think you need these to get in."

I turned around to see my dad dangling the keys in front of me. I grabbed them from him and give him a goofy smile.

As I was trying to get in, I incidentally dropped my box.

"Damn."

My dad looks at me as I realize what I just said.

"Oops, sorry dad."

He smiles and says, "Just be happy it was I who heard it and not your mother."

I give him another goofy smile and turn around to unlock the door. After a few tries, it finally opened. I bent down to grab my box and quickly run inside. My dad followed behind as we explored the house. The living room was huge and so was the kitchen. There was even I little extra room in the living room and a door that lead to the basement.

I was amazed at how big it was and started to get excited. I started to wonder what the upstairs looked like. That's when I found the staircase and ran up them.

"Don't you want to help get the rest of your stuff?" My dad asked.

I looked at him confused from the top of the stairs.

"The movers are here already? "

He looked at me seriously.

" I meant the car dummy. "

I giggled and replied, " I'm not a dummy, and I'll help after I choose my room."

And with that said, I left.

I looked in one room, but thought it was too small. So, I moved to the next one. The next door I opened lead to what I wanted. The room was huge, and had it's very own bathroom.

I set my box down and headed downstairs to go get the rest of my things. When I get there, I find my mom talking to someone who I assumed was a neighbor. I wanted to see what they were talking about, but it probably shouldn't matter to me.

I head to the car and get the boxes that have the letter "K" on them. After a while of talking, my mom comes back to the car to help.

"So, how are you enjoying the house so far?" She asked.

"Way better than the last, but I still miss my friends."

She looks at me and smiles, saying, "Well I'm sure you'll keep in touch with them on social media. Plus you'll make new friends."

I smile back at her and return to getting my things.

------------------

"All done."

I laid on the floor in my new room and tried to take in my surroundings. Then there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I yelled.

"You don't have to scream. Anyway you and your mom are going to the high school to get you registered while I wait for the movers to bring the furniture."