Chapter Eight - The New Guy:

Nathan's POV:

   It's been about three weeks and Kayla and I haven't spoken since the argument on the bus. The only time I see her is at school or when she comes over to hang out with my brother. I don't know if they're dating, but it pisses me off to see them together. I should have known my brother would do this.

   I decided to head to my locker to get some things. As I did, someone came up behind me. I turned around to see who it was. And to my luck, it was Autumn. Her face still had some bruises from when Kayla beat her up, but overall, she healed pretty well.

   "Hey babe," she said.

   "Hey Autumn. How are you?"

   "Fine. Much better now that I get to see you."

   I smiled at her and kissed her on the cheek. That's when she decided to ask me a question.

   "So like... is your brother dating Kayla?"

   Just hearing that pissed me off, but I decided to answer her question.

   "I don't know. I guess so."

   She then decided to change the subject.  She must have known I didn't want to talk about that.

   "Well, am I still able to come over to your house today?"

   I smiled. I remembered that Kayla was coming over my house today, so why not see how she would react.

   "Yeah. Of course."

   She then smiled and placed a kiss on my cheek and left. I decided to go to class.

   I closed my locker door and headed to first period.

   Kayla's POV:

   - 3rd period -

   I headed into my third period class, drawing and painting.That's when I noticed someone sitting in my seat. Whoever it was, I wasn't having it.

   I walked up to them and tapped them on the shoulder.

   "Excuse me, but your sort of in my seat."

   I then was greeted with green eyes. I didn't know who this guy was, but I had to admit, he was hot. He had the same shaggy, brunette hair like Nathan and had an amazing jawline.

   I was quickly released from my thoughts when I heard him speak.

   "Sorry I didn't know there where assigned seats."

   "Well there are. But you can go ask the teacher where you sit."

   He said thanks and went to ask the teacher. It didn't take him long to come back though. 

   "She said I could sit across from you. If that's ok with you."

  I nodded and said that it was fine and he went to sit. I couldn't help but stare at him again. And him sitting right across from me didn't help me either.

   I decided to start a conversation so I could attempt to distract myself from starring at him.

   "So. You're new here?"

   "Yeah. I just moved here from Texas."

   "Cool. So... what's your name?"

   "Drew. And yours?"

   "Kayla."

   He smiled and said,"Pretty name."

   I started to blush. This guy seemed pretty nice. And who knows, maybe I was developing a little crush on him.