Chapter Two - First Day (Part One):

Kayla's POV:

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

I groaned as I moved my hand around to find my phone and turn off the damn alarm. Once I did, I adjusted the pillow so I was comfortable. That's when I realized what today was. My eyes shot open and I rushed out of bed and into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror to see how bad I looked; and might I say it was pretty bad.

This was going to take awhile.

I wasted no time and jumped in the shower. This allowed the water to wake me up completely. Once I was done, I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I then headed back to my room to choose out an outfit. I didn't know exactly what to wear, but all I knew is I had to make an impression today. I went through my boxes that had my clothing in them and started to pull stuff out. It took me a while, but I found it. The perfect outfit.

I set it out on the bed and thought to myself, 'Damn, I did a pretty good job.'

It was a black, crop top that stopped right above my belly button. To add on to it, I added my floral, skater skirt and my all black vans. Yes I admit it was the typical Tumblr girl outfit. Sue me.

Once I got the outfit on, I thought about what else could I add. Oh, how about makeup; and maybe even my studded earrings I got last Christmas. A mental air horn went off in my head, signaling for me to get started. I first started with the makeup. I didn't want to wear much. Just eyeliner, mascara, and a nice lip stain.

After I was done with that, I went to get my earrings. This look was now almost complete. Just one thing missing. My hair. I got my brush and started to brush my hair. Today would be a good day to wear it down and maybe even add a few curls.

----------------

"Done!" I shouted.

I looked at my phone to see the time. 6:30. I grabbed the things I needed and headed out my room door. Once I was downstairs, I headed to the kitchen where I made myself some cereal. There was no time for some fancy breakfast.

I finished eating in five minutes; making sure to clean up after I was finished. I turned toward the kitchen door and jumped. There stood my mom half asleep, looking like a zombie.

"Do you want me to drive you to school today?" She asked sleepily. I nodded my head since I knew it would be awkward riding the bus on my first day.

"Okay, but don't get use to me doing this everyday." She added.

"Gotcha."

We headed out the door and got in the car. It took my mom a while to get into the car; considering she was half sleep. But once she was in, she started it and we drove off. My mom didn't feel like turning on the radio, so I just put my earphones in and turned on
"Roller coaster" by Justin Bieber.

------------------

"We're here, now get out."

I turned off my music and looked at my mom.

"No need to be pushy."

"Excuse me, but I didn't have to drive you here now did I?"

"Yeah okay, I'll get out."

I grabbed my things and got out the car. My mom waved goodbye before she pulled off. I forgot that she can be pretty bitchy when she's tired. Anyway, that doesn't matter.

I looked around to see where I was. The 600 building. From there, I had no idea as to where I needed to go; so I started to pull out my schedule. As I was, my phone slipped out my hand and dropped to the concrete ground. Shit!