Chapter 20

Sandie expertly pulled the car into her mother's parking garage. She turned off the ignition and threw the driver, Richard, the keys who was sitting on the passenger seat. His eyes were wide and he was holding on to his seatbelt the entire time she was playing speed racer on the high way. It looked like his hands were stuck there.

"Nice riding with you, Rich," Sandie said opening the car.

"Anytime Miss Sandie," Richard had squeaked.

Sandie smirked as she stepped out of the car. It wasn't as fast as her own but it'll do. Her stress seemed to lift off, even by a little. And missing out the rest of Darie's afternoon classes is heaven. Even if she wouldn't be able to see and talk to Donghae. Well, she's gonna be back as Sandie Park soon so she's gotta start now.

She walked on the path to the back door of the house and picked some cookies her mom's cook is laying on the table, fresh from the oven.

"Your mother is waiting for you Miss," the cook said when she saw her.

"Mom?" Sandie repeated muching. "She's already home?"

"Since 30 minutes ago. She's in the living room."

Sandie's brows furrowed as she bit into the cookies but strode towards the direction of the living room. Her mom was pacing on the carpeted floor with her hands crossed looking very agitated. Sandie took that as a really bad sign. She paused and wondered if she still can hide from whatever her mom is seething at. But before she can decide, her mom spotted her and a look of relief settled into her features then transformed into agitation again. She marched over to her. "What are you thinking!"

"How to hide from whatever you're mad at?" Sandie said sarcastically.

But her mom ignored that. "Speeding on the hi-way is dangerous! You are not in a race track! Richard is there to drive you so you didn't need to drive! I don't want you behind the wheel!" Sandie stared at her mother ranting wondering how she had found out. "And not only that," her mother continued. "You cut classes! For no apparent reason!"

"Would the fact that I am Sandie be reason enough for you?" Sandie said. She doesn't want to get on a fight with her mom but being berated over being herself is obliterating the kindling mother-daughter relationship.

"Darie would never have done something like this!"

"That's because I am not Darie," Sandie said refraining herself from yelling. "Which is obvious enough. I may look like her but I don't think like her. You would understand if you are really our mother. But don't worry, you only have two weeks to endure my company and after that, we get the inheritance, we could go back to the way our lives used to be, you can just pretend you only have one daughter, everybody happy." She turned her back on her mom and raced towards the stairs and up to her room ignoring her mom calling her name.

Sandie spent the rest of the afternoon seething over her mom and her apparent favoritism while she was sitting on her bedroom's window seat with her legs stretched out over a pile of pillows looking out through the paned windows of her room. It's no surprise anyway since Darie is her mother's exact replica. Everybody loves Darie. Everybody looks up to Darie to make sound decisions and respects her for it. While Sandie, the rebellious gangster teenager, is only good for brawling. Psssh. Who cares anyway. People in this city can have their Darie back in two weeks. Sandie would be more than glad to leave and live her real life with the people who knows her and respects her as Sandie Park.