Chapter 1: Happy Beginnings

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to the girl who made multiple banners and covers for this book. And she did it all with kindness.

Copyright © 2013 Samantha Torres All Rights Reserved

“Don’t burn my bacon, like you did yesterday.” Blake orders.

“Make me.” I mutter under my breath.

“You know werewolves have sensitive hearing, right? And don’t talk to your Alpha like that.” Blake calls out.

“Technically, I wasn’t replying to you. Oh, and you’re not my Alpha. I don’t belong to your pack because I’m not a werewolf.” I remind while sticking out my tongue.

“One day your wolf will come out. You watch, Scarlet. When it does, I’ll give you hell.” He threatens.

“That’s a really nice way to talk to a person who is handling your food!” I yell.

“What are you going to do? Poison me?” He asks.

“I wish.” I mutter.

I glance out of the conner of my eye. I catch glimpse of his smile. I finish stirring the meat in the pan. Its sizzles make my stomach gargle. The air smells like bacon. The way it always does on a Sunday morning. I finish flipping the omelet and place it carefully on the plate. I grab the slices of bacon and place them next to the omelet. I leave some bacon in the pan for myself to enjoy later.

“No, I want a bit more.” Blake orders.

I roll my eyes and place all of the bacon on Blake’s plate. Great, now I have no breakfast. I grab the plate and place it down in front of him. I clear my throat.

“What do you say?” I ask.

“Oh sorry. I’m supposed to say, where the is my orange juice?” He replies.

I sigh and lazily open the fridge. I grab the carton of orange juice. It’s damp sides make my hand slimy. I place it in front of Blake. I clear my throat again.

“Your services could’ve been better but since you are a human I would expect that from you...” He starts.

I gasp and smack the back of his head. At the same moment my dad walks in the room with the newspaper.

“Your daughter is abusing me.” Blake whines.

“Ladies these days, they can’t keep their hands off the Alpha...” My dad replies while sitting down.

Blake smiles while I roll my eyes.

“Any news from the pack?” I ask while leaning on the counter behind me.

“Well, apparently our patrol caught a neighboring pack member hunting on our land. He’s with Dylan right now.” My dad informs. 

“What’s the penalty?” I ask.

“Depends. I have to go check that out right now.” My dad replies while getting out of his seat.

“Mind if I come?” I ask.

“Pack members only.” Blake replies with a smile.

“Sorry, sweetheart.” My dad replies. “I’ll be back soon.”

“It’s fine, I’ll be here.” I announce.

Blake gets out of his seat and starts to walk out the door. My dad follows.

“Like always.” I add.

I grab Blake’s empty plate and place it in the sink. I run my fingers through my hair. I hate it when they leave me alone. I don’t get scared but it annoys me because I walk around and remind myself that I will always be the only female in this house.