Chapter 10: The man holding a gun against my head has a funny name

Not proofread. Sorry for errors.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Melissa's POV:

I am in deep shit right now. How do I know this? Well, one look at Keith's face and I know we are so much trouble if we say the wrong thing. His face looks like that of a deer caught in headlights, much like what I imagined the deer my choir teacher ran over looked like. But now is not the right time to be thinking of the mass killings my teacher has made to the deer population. They probably have wanted signs posted around the forest with Mr. Harold's (my choir teacher) face on it, to warn Bambi and all his little woodland creature friends about the horrible man who killed their loved ones. Just the thought of the wanted signs makes me laugh out loud uncontrollably.

Everyone stares at me, and the ogre holding me tightened his grip on my arm. 

Did I mention there's a gun pressed against my head?

I so much rather be a deer right now. Being run over by Mr. Harold seems much more appealing, because at least he runs them over accidentally. While this man will probably kill me on purpose. 

Keith stares at me, and I swear he's trying to send telepathic messages through my mind asking me what the hell do I think I'm doing.

I send him one back telling him I have no clue since I'm probably hysterical as I'm moments away from dying. 

Johnny and Delilah burst out laughing at, apparently my facial expression, and burly man looks at me. He catches my face and anger flashes in his eyes.

"Are you mocking me?" scary guy asks in his deep, scratchy bass voice.

OK, I really have to ask this guy his name, because I'm running out of adjectives to call him in my head. 

I have an idea. 

"OK, so I know you'll probably be flattered by this, but may I know your name, since I am running out of adjectives to describe you scary man." I ask sweetly, batting my eyelashes for full effect.

Gun guy stares at me and attempts to hide his laughter. It failed.

"Keith, I can see why you want to keep her around. She's a walking box of entertainment. Not just wit, if you know what I mean," he told Keith as he winked at me. 

I think I'm tasting my breakfast, right about now. Keith's face is a mixture of anger and pain. I noticed how he is being held, and my heart went out to him.

"You didn't dare," he snarled.

"Oh, but I did. And since this chick thinks she is quite the comedian, then I will be a joker too," he said tightening his hold on me once again.

So, my idea probably did not work in my favor. And, wait a second, did this guy call me a chick?

"Hold the phone, buddy, hold the phone. Did you just call me 'chick'? I'll have you know that I am not a 'chick'. I'm a girl, women, lady, lass, gal, whatever comes to mind, but not a 'chick'. Did your mom teach you manners? Of course not, she probably spent her nights-"

"Melissa, shut the fuck up. You are not helping the situation." Keith yelled. I looked for guidance in Delilah and Johnny, they were red, trying to contain their laughter.

At least some people think I'm funny, I huffed in my mind.

"All right, stop with the jokes, tell me the truth and no one gets hurt. I have place to be, people to kill," then he looked at me, "chicks to f*ck."