Me, Her and the Drug Cartel

Hiya!

I’m gonna try and write a new different story that what I usually read or write. It’s gonna have some action it! Let’s see how that works out, though. Please tell me what you think! I apologize for any spelling mistakes.

Enjoy!

~ BubbleBathTiger07

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Prologue:

“I want you to stay here.” I told Melissa as I grabbed my gun and stashed it in my ankle holster. A year ago, I would have never dreamed I would be talking to her at all. Now, everything was different, stakes were higher, babies were growing and escape plans needed to be put into action.

“But, Keith, I really want to go. I need to be by your side. Please.” She looked at me pouting. Damn, this girl really knows how to work me. Thankfully, this is one of those things that I am very adamant about, and I won’t change my mind on.

“I’m sorry Melissa. It’s too dangerous for you. It’s something I should have done a long time ago. I need to do it so I can make sure your future, and our little girl’s future is safe and sound. Johnny will tell you when to leave.”

It’s true. If I would have gotten this job over with, Melissa would be safe. Actually, thinking about it, it’s my fault she’s even here. I felt the guilt overcome me as I looked into her big, beautiful brown eyes and wondered. What would have happened if I never had fallen for her?

I shook my head to keep petty thoughts away. I needed to be the strong one for both of my girls.

“Fine. But when I see you again, you are a dead man walking Keith Davy. Just keep that in mind.” She said frowning, so adorably. When did I become such a pansy-wansy? I know the answer to that question in a heartbeat.

When Melissa Allmond came into my life. That’s when.

“If you see me again...” I started to correct her, but she shook her head.

“Nope. When. I’d like to keep things positive, for once in my life.” She said.

I laughed at her. After all that she’s seen, I couldn’t believe she was still naïve about life. I was basically a zombie since the moment I thought about my idea. There was no way I could come out unscathed. No way, whatsoever. If I did leave unharmed, I would be on the run, forever. And hopefully, Melissa could live her life however way she wanted. She could forget about me, meet a guy, get married, have a happy little family. Thinking that made me sad and sick with jealousy, but I had to remember; this was my goal. If the goal was not reached, then this plan was a failure; a failure to keep her safe.

She frowned as she eyed me laughing.

“I’m serious.”

“I know, honey. I know.” I said as I pulled her into a kiss. Her soft pink lips felt amazing on mine. I licked her bottom lip, begging her for entrance inside her. She didn’t open and pulled away.

“Not until you promise to be okay.” She said. I groaned. Why must she be so stubborn?

“Fine. I promise I’ll come back alive so you can kill me yourself. Now give me a proper kiss, woman!” I said as I pulled her back towards me, arms around her waist already.

I lowered my head to hers, and kissed her deeply.  When I licked her bottom lip hesitantly, she smiled into the kiss and opened for me. I immediately tasted her, and moaned at the back of my throat. Her usual flavor of honey and strawberries filled me instantly, and I almost climaxed then and there. I pushed her closer to me, wanting to feel every line of her. She had her hands tangled in my hair, pulling me closer too. I had to be the strong one and pulled away, only to rest my forehead on hers.

“Now, you have to promise me to be good .” I said as I tried to regain my breath.

She couldn’t speak still and instead nodded. I sank to my knees and kissed her stomach, where our baby grew.

“I love you baby girl. And don’t you forget it.” I said and kissed her stomach one more time. I was filled with pride when I felt her kick.

“Now Melissa, I want you to listen to Johnny. You have to keep yourself safe. For all of us. And remember, no matter what happens out there; I will always love you.” I said as I stood up and pecked her lips once more.

“I know. I love you too.” she said

"I also want you to promise me something. If I die, you will move on and raise our daughter away from this life, and I want you to make sure you understand that this was never your fault. I don't want you dying of guilt." I instructed her. She just looked at me, tears welling in her brown eyes, I almost found it difficult to leave. I sighed and brought her in for a hug. I placed my chin on top of her head and stayed there, enjoying the feeling.

"I promise."

I let go of her hesitantly and turned on my heel and went to the doorway to meet my fate. Once there, I faced her once again and mouthed “I love you”  to Melissa. I saw her break down crying, and it took all my strength to leave instead of comforting her in my arms.

Thinking back to the moments before this particular one, I couldn’t help but smile at how far we had gotten in life and love…

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

What do you think? Sad, right? It’ll get better, though. I promise! I don’t like to much sad stuff because it makes me cry.

Tell me what you think!

*Penguins are cool, giraffes are awesome. But nothing beats a bubble bath-taking tiger!

~ BubbleBathTiger07