Chapter 3: Did I mention I hate hospitals too?

Keith Davy's POV

I had been following Melissa all afternoon hoping for her to speak more about me. I was incredibly disappointed, though. Dana and her dropped the subject of me after a few minutes and quickly turned it into mindless girl chatter. I couldn't help but be confused at this, aren't girls supposed to overanalyze crap?

I'll have to ask my sister Delilah. Hmmm, maybe she can befriend Melissa and find out if she likes me...

Sounds like a plan. This way, I can focus on the cartel jobs, while Deli can keep a watch, spy and keep me informed of Melissa.

Now, I know I sound like a stalker, but I can't help it now that I know I'm apparently not her "type." Whatever that means.

I was now watching Melissa eat a vanilla cone when her phone rang. Oh, how I wish I was that phone so I could touch her soft looking cheeks. Shit, did I really just f*cking think that?

I was still scolding myself for the pansy-wansy thoughts I had whenelissa dropped her ice cream cone to the ground. Obviously, something was very wrong. I had to restrain myself from stomping my way over there and questioning her what happened. That would lead to questions, awkward answers and probably an avoidable hard slap to my face. I decided to stay lurking around in the shadows and keep tailing her.

I followed her into a hospital. I heard her frantically ask the nurse at the desk where Mitchell Taylor was located. For some reason that named sounded strangely familiar, but I couldn't quite place it. I waited a couple of seconds after she left the desk and proceeded to re do the same task as Melissa had done moments before.

Tue nurse didn't even question me, and told me the room number in a flat, bored tone. I thanked her and decided to wink at her. I could see her face start to blush. Yeah, I tend to have that reaction with the ladies.

I walked away before she could start to flirt with me. As I was walking, I saw a women walk down the hall to the bathroom crying. There was something about this woman that reminded me of Melissa.

When I reached room 905, the door was slightly ajar. I peeked in and saw Melissa's back, and a man lying on the bed. As soon, as I recognized the face, I froze.

Mitchell. THE Mitchell that tried to kill me. The same Mitchell that Johnny had shot about two hours ago. The very same man who I thought was dead also turned out to be Melissa's uncle.

F*ck my life. Out of all the people she could be related to, it's this d0uchebag. If he even tells her that it was because of me that he's there, I won't even have a chance to go for Melissa. This really complicates everything.

I was jolted back from my thoughts as I heard Melissa scream for a doctor. There was a loud beeping noise coming from the monitors, and I immediately knew his time was up. I was grateful that he was going to die because if he didn't....he had to be dealt with, and I possibly couldn't murder someone who was important to Melissa.

I'd done it blindly once (Well, technically Johnny did it), I was quite sure I wouldn't be able to do it knowing he was important to Melissa.

I moved away to let the doctors through once I heard them behind me. The woman from the hallway came running too, crying and tripping over everything. As she went inside, she froze on her feet at the sight of Mitchell probably convulsing or something. I couldn't see but I could hear.

"Nurses, we need to stabilize him. Quickly."

I heard noises, and some whispers. I tried looking past the nurses, the crying lady and Melissa, but saw nothing. I heard a couple of beeping noises for about five minutes. Then clapping.