Chapter 9: High Speed, I mean Low Speed Chase

Keith's POV:

"What do we do now?" Johnny asked me as he stood next to me looking out into the distance where the SUV had disappeared. 

I gave him a look.

"Come on." I said as I ran towards our method of transportation.

I told Johnny to pick up the speed with  the horse, since it was going ever so slowly, and we needed to catch up to the SUV. We had made progress earlier when we left  the restaurant since now I could somewhat see the direction the car was going. I spoke too soon. The horse stopped.

"What the hell man? Tell it to keep going!" I yelled.

"I can't."

"And why the hell not? Give it some carrots or something, the SUV is getting away!" I said exasperated. 

"The horse is peeing," he stated just as I heard a whooshing sound that sounded like the freaking Niagra Falls. I scrunched up my face.

"And? Tell it to pee and walk, we are in a high speed chase right now!"

"Horses can't pee and walk," Johnny stated matter-of-factly.

"Who said they can't?" I asked.

"Nature did. Can you pee and walk?" he asked me.

"I probably could if I put my mind to it. Now tell it to move!" I yelled once again. The horse got mad. Want to know how I know? Because he kicked the carriage very hard, and i fell off. Into horse pee. And then the damn animal booked it out of there.

I stood in the middle of the road, covered in pee, thinking that NOW he runs. I looked towards the sky and screamed in frustration. I whipped my phone out and called my crazy ass sister for help.

"Hello, you've reached Delilah's magic shop. Can I interest you in this new deal including, but not limited to, handcuffs, whips and whipped cream?" the voice on the other line asked.

"No, and I need help. They kidnapped Melissa, Johnny is on a horse and buggy, I'm stranded in the middle of the road and I need to get Melissa back." I said quickly.

"Hold up, Johnny is on a horse and buggy?" she asked incredulously.

"Out of all that information, you get that out. Figures. Yes he is. Now, would you please hurry up, get into your car and speed towards Michaelangelo Ristorante?"

"Yeah hun. I'm on my way now." She said before hanging up. I started my walk back towards the restaurant, and thought about what I would say to Boss so he can leave Melissa alone. I'd have to convince him that she was my girlfriend somehow. I guess I can make something up when I see this man. Getting her safe is all that matters right now.

Oh gosh, I sound like those possessive werewolf things from my sister's crazy vampire movies. Dawnlight is it? Oh my goodness, what am I doing? Why am I thinking of such menial things when Johnny could be in accident, and Melissa could have breathed her last breath? 

Stay positive, Keith. This is no time for  negative thinking. You have to set your brain right and start thinking of excuses to make to boss. I could say that I'd like to keep her around. Hmm, that could work. Hopefully, Melissa has the mind to agree instead of disagree, if not, we are both toast. Utterly, and definitely burnt toast.

Ten minutes later I arrived back to Michaelangelo Ristorante. There were some police men around, trying to write down the the events. I hid in a bush in case anyone might point me out. Last thing I need is for the police to be on my tail. That would suck a lot. 

A few minutes later, I saw Delilah's yellow Lamborghini come into view. I stepped out of hiding from the shrub and waved my hands in the air. She leisurely drove over to me, like she had no care in the world. I rolled my eyes. 

Once I got in the car, she leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey bro."

"Just drive that way." I said staring off into the road.

"You know, that is not the way to treat family. Especially a nice sister like myself who drove all the way over here to get you out of the blundering mess you have somehow manage to create like always. It's always Delilah do this, Delilah do that, and all I ask in return is a simple hi," she ranted while still not driving.

"I understand your pain. Now drive, or you will undergo more pain," I threatened. 

"Geez, all you had to say was hi…"

"Would you please drive?"

She complied and started down the endless horizontal road. I instructed her with various twists and turns. Sometime along the endless drive, we stopped, or else we would have run over the gigantic carriage thing in the middle of the road. One word, one name, one idiot.

Johnny.

"Get in the car, dumbass," I instructed when we passed by him. He nodded his head and got in.

"Hey Deels-" 

"Be quiet." I interrupted.

We continued the drive in silence and soon enough we were in the torture building where I suspected Melissa to be.

We got out of the car and headed inside. Two guards asked for ID, and gave it to them. They stared at each other, then nodded. I was about to proceed forward when they lunged at me and grabbed me by the arms. They whistled, and called over six more guards.

Great, we are being escorted inside. Man handled style, this just really adds to my day.

They took us through the long hallway, and I observed quietly my surroundings. I had never been inside the building, I just knew where it was. I looked over at Johnny, scared for what might happen, but he didn't look one bit fazed. He was amid amiable conversation with the two men that held him. I looked over at my sister and she just shook her head while rolling her eyes.

A few minutes later, the guardsmen came to a door, opened it, and threw us in. Correction, threw Delilah and me in. They kindly put Johnny down on the floor. Is there no justice in this world? Like at all.

A few seconds later I heard a sound. Actually, more like a yell.

"Put me down you big monkey!" I heard Melissa yell in the distance. Oh thank goodness she's alive. The door opened seconds later, and in walked the boss with Melissa in a fireman's carry. 

"All right, tell me the truth and no one gets hurt." Boss said, as he placed her on the floor, but as soon as she went to run, he grabbed her by the hand and dragged her to him.

Then he placed a gun next to her head.

"Oops, I lied. Someone will probably get hurt." he said at the same time that I heard the safety click off and his fingers clutched the gun viciously.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hi guys! 

I know, I uploaded so soon! I just had this idea, and I had to write and post it before I forgot because then I'd be upset. Anyways, hope you like it!

I don't know how long it is, but four pages on Word, and it is NOT proofread.

I dedicate this to my honorary little sister RWillgruber who keeps bugging me to upload. Here it is, just for you!

Hope you enjoy this chapter, I had a lot of fun writing it. Oh, and tell me if you think I should do a chapter in Delilah's POV or just keep it strictly Keith/Melissa?

Feedback is MOST CERTAINLY welcomed. Don't forgot to comment/vote/fan!

~BubbleBathTiger07