Chapter 8: Riding in a buggy

A/N at bottom: Enjoy!

********************************************************************************************************************************

Keith's POV:

This girl is going to be the end of me. Just one look and she already made me cancel my outing. All right fine, it was a job. I have to say though, taking her out to dinner really excites me. I'm thinking of taking her to this really nice Italian restaurant like an hour away. This way, I can get to know her and we can have some sort of date.  She doesn't know it, but I told Johnny to swap my Murcielago for a two seater that doesn't cause any commotion. And also, Johnny won't fit, which is a plus because I don't want him there either.

Oh well, time time to get ready. I pulled on a nice black button down shirt and rolled my sleeves up. I then, put my dark rinse jeans and black sneakers. What can I say? I love the color black.

I heard the garage open and I knew it was either Delilah or Johnny. I went to check who it was and was met by a surprise outside. He did not. I am going to kill this kid.

Johnny swapped my Murcielago, my very expensive, most prized car, for a horse n'buggy. I am clearly dreaming because this just does not happen.

"Pinch me. I'm dreaming." I stated dryly.

"No way! This is your dream car? Nice, totally pegged it. I feel like an awesome best friend!" he stated, smiling from ear to ear. Want to know the worst part? He wasn't kidding. The moron actually thought I wanted a horse n'buggy.   I closed my eyes and took three long breaths. Hopefully, I was dreaming.

Sadly, I wasn't. I opened my eyes again and the horror from the 1920's was still standing in front of me.

"Please, for all that is good, nice, and holy, tell me that my Murcielago is at the house."

"Nope. I made a deal with this dude, he was so happy to get a Murcielago. I mean I felt so good for doing such a great deed," he said.

 No. No. No. He did not just say that. I opened my mouth and let the biggest scream ever. It was so primal that you could see and hear the birds rustling within the trees and scampering out of their secure homes. For a second I felt bad, but then I remembered what the idiot in front of me did.

"What the hell was that?" a small, warm voice asked. I turned around and my anger was immediately washed away.

There stood Melissa in a pretty black dress that went down to her knees. It wasn't too low cut, but it showed just the right amount of cleavage. Her hair was up in a classy-casual bun and her red heels complimented the red necklace she had on. All in all, the girl was breathtaking. Absolutely breathtaking.

"You clean up good," the moron beside me uttered. I just gave him a warning glance.

"So, uh, what's wrong?" Mel asked.

"Well, I changed Keith's Murcielago for a horse and buggy, and I think he is pretty happy. I mean, I was under the impression that he loved these things, and I was right," he smiled at me, "Right, buddy?"

I just looked at him and slapped my hand to my head.

"Wait, you changed an expensive car to a horse and buggy? And he's fine with it?"

"Well, yeah. I mean, didn't you hear his scream of joy?" he asked.

That's it. I am going to kill him. I lunged at him, and only got a good punch in because Melissa yelled. Loudly, and then pulled my ear.

"Be good. I think it'll be a fun experience riding this. Now, let's go. I'm hungry."

What is it with this girl and hurting me?