Chapter twenty-one

Chapter Twenty-one.

I picked at the skin around my thumb anxiously as I glanced up at the clock to my right. 12:35.

"I'm sure he is just caught up in traffic, you know how it can get during lunch hour" I mumbled to the woman who sat across from me, Jill I believe her name is.

She had been kind enough to squeeze us into her busy schedule so we could start our family journey sooner. I guess that was a perk of being in one of the worlds biggest boy bands once upon a time.

She just nodded, looking down her nose at me. It was obvious she wasn't amused. "Sorry" I offered, checking my phone once more to see if I'd missed a call or message from Liam.

"I've got a meeting with another couple at one" she informed me.

I decided to call Liam quickly, the phone only rang three times before being sent to voicemail. I huffed to myself wondering if I should just get up and leave now.

My anxiety was growing by the second threatening to send me into a panic attack if I didn't get out of this situation soon. I could feel Jill's glare on me, almost as if it was her way of telling me to just leave.

"I'm sorry for this" I spoke as I stood from my seat, offering my hand to her to shake politely. She glanced down at my hand before looking back up to me "You can settle your account for today with Rochelle at reception on your way out"

That was all I needed before I got my bum out of there as fast as I could. While I was incredibly disappointed in Liam for not showing up to something to important, part of me was glad he didn't because it was clear Jill was not the right person to help us on our journey.

I paid the ridiculous fee on my way out and made a beeline for my car when I heard someone call my name. I ignored it, used to people calling out to me wherever I went. I climbed into my car and started the ignition.

I began reversing when a knock on my window scared me half to death. I looked to my right to see a flustered looking Liam.

"Nice of you to show up" I mumbled as I wound the window down, an apologetic look on his face.

"I'm so sorry Ni, I got held back at work. You know how it can get" He explained "But today was important Liam." I rolled my eyes.

He shrugged his shoulders with both his hands in his jean pockets apologizing again. "She was an absolute dud anyway" I mumbled with a slight chuckle. I sighed at the thought of having to find someone else to help us make our family a reality.

"I'll make it up to you Niall, I promise" He always promised, I only hoped this time he would keep it.

"I'll see you at home, will you be in time for dinner?" I asked. I felt like a desperate housewife, always waiting for my busy husband to return home. My life just wasn't as busy as Liam's.

"You bet" He responded, leaning into the car to place a delicate kiss on my lips.

That's how I knew Liam was the one. Even after all these years and all these kisses, every time he kisses me it feels just like the first time.

He waved as he walked across the parking lot towards his car, blowing a kiss as he reached his black Audi. I giggled like a school girl at his gesture, returning the kiss as I drove out of the parking space.

As I set off in traffic towards our home I couldn't stop my mind from wandering. I'd been dreaming of our future for years, yet now as the things I dreamed of were slowly becoming reality I began to have my doubts.

I knew I was ready for this next step, I could only hope Liam was too.

--

Just a little filler for you all, any ideas on how Niall and Liam's future will pan out?

Don't forget to comment and vote :)

- K x