I wanna feel weightless cause that would be enough

Hey guys so here's another all time low story. I hope you all like it J give me your opinions on it please.

"Effy wake up!" Alex screamed in my ear.

"What the fuck Alex?" I screamed as I shot up. I slapped the back of his head to make him stop laughing.

"Ow" He rubbed his head "What was that for?" He whined.

"One you woke me up and two you laughed at me" I said getting up.

"Well I thought you would want to be awake when the guys got here" He said laying down on my bed.

"Thanks" I mumbled "Now get out so I can get changed" he did as I said and I headed for my closet.

Okay so youre probably confused so im going to explain everything. My name is Elizabeth Gaskarth but people call me Effy. Im Alex gaskarth's sister. As you know Alex is in the band All Time Low with his three best friends, Jack, Rian, and Zack. Those three guys are the greatest. They've been Alex and my best friends ever since the band started. They are the best.

I got changed into a pair of ripped skinny jeans and my lacy black tank-top. Then I went into my bathroom and turned on my straightener. While I was waiting for it to heat up I put on a thin line of eye liner and some mascara. Finally I straightened my hair.

Grabbing my black zines sweatshirt, I walked downstairs to the kitchen where the guys were.

"Hey there she is" Rian said as I walked in. He walked over to me and hugged me.

"Hey guys" I said. I leaned against the doorway as they continued to talk.

"Oh hey, we're going to practice in a bit. Then we'll probably go swimming" Zack said "Wanna hang with us?"

"Sure" I said smiling.

"Yay! Effy's gonna hang with us!" Jack shouted running over to me. He hugged me before heading down into the basement.

Jack always made me smile. All of the guys were my best friends but Jack was more than a best friend. Not to sound very cliché, but Jack was my BFF. He was always there for me. He was the one who helped me through a really hard time.

See I went out with guy named Chris. We went out for three years before he decided that he no longer loved me and he slept with me ex-best friend, Kim. I had walked in on them at one of Zack's party a week after our three year anniversary. For the next week the two of them tried everything to get me to understand that they didn't mean to hurt me, but I didn't believe them. I became a wreck. I started drinking, smoking, and also cutting. I stopped drinking because Alex got tired of dealing with the drunk me. I haven't stopped smoking because it makes me feel better. As for the cutting...well...Let me start from the beginning.

After Chris finally ended things between me and him, I couldn't stop. I started to cut every night and it was always bad. I never left my room, Alex would have to bring me something to eat but I never ate it. He would also try to force me to watch him and the guys practice, but I only went downstairs for one. I'll never forget that night. That was the night that Jack walked in on me cutting. Ever since then things got different between Jack and I. He started to get really protective over me and he would always try anything to get me to smile. A couple of weeks after Jack found me, he finally told the guys. At first I was mad at him but then I realized that he was trying to help me. Alex was livid when Jack told them. He started screaming at me and saying that I was ruining my life and that I was stupid for doing it. That night was the first time that Jack and Alex got into a fight.

Ever since that night I haven't cut. It's been three months and Alex hasn't brought it up once. Rian and Zack never really had a bad reaction. Yeah they weren't happy about it but they didn't flip out like alex did. All of the guys including the crew knew and they always said that they would always be there for me.

"Hey Effy snap out of it" Alex said walking past me as he headed for the basement.

"Sorry" I said following him down the stairway. Rian took his seat behind his kit and Zack grabbed his bass. Jack was sitting on the couch staring at his phone, probably playing angry birds like always. He looked up as I walked down the last step and smiled. I smiled back and sat down next to him. I glanced out of the corner of my eye to see that I was right. He was playing angry birds.

"Why are you so smiley?" He asked looking at me curious.

"No reason" I lied trying to stop smiling.

"You're lieing" he sang "Now tell me what's up?"

"Nope" I said popping the 'p'

"Well you asked for it" he said and then attacked me and started to tickle me.

"Jack! Stop!" I screamed between laughing. Rian and Zack just rolled their eyes and laughed.

"Jack stop trying to make Ef went her pants and grab your guitar" Alex said walking past us.

"You're no fun" Jack whined as he got up from the couch. I couldn't help but blush. I loved moments like that between me and Jack. They kept my mind off of things and kept me thinking about one thing, how much I like Jack as more than my BFF. But thanks to Alex's rule none of the guys could make a move on me and I couldn't make a move on one of them.

The whole time the guys were playing jack kept looking at me. Every time he did I would smile and I could feel my face get red. After they played my favorite song, weightless, they took a quick break. Rian Zack and Alex went upstairs to get some drinks. Jack and I sat down on the couch and started playing with our phones. It was comfortably silent until Jack decided to break it.

"So how have you been?" he asked

"Okay. I guess" i said.

"How's you're arm?" he asked. I pulled down my sleeve.

"It's fine"

"Show me" he whispered. I sighed and took off my sweatshirt. The scars were mostly gone but there were still some shadows left behind "It looks better" he gave me a reassuring smile.

"yeah but it'll never be the same"

"Hey don't worry it'll be fine" he smiled again "Come on let's go see what's taking Alex so long" he grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs. "Yo Alex what's taking-" he stopped mid sentence. His hand got tighter around mine. Chris was standing by the front door.

So what do you guys think?????