Chapter 7: New Family, new Plans

Since I couldn't drink or basically talk to anyone, I went and got a bucket of vanilla ice cream and threw in some gummy bear and sat on the counter. After 5 bites I could feel someone staring at me. I looked up and saw that it was Dom.

"Hey Dom" I said in between bites.

"You know that's my favorite ice cream right?" he replies

      I gulped "uh oh" I took another bite and then offer it to him.

He chuckled "Nah it's alright... I'm just messing around with you, but that is my favorite ice cream though"

       He then grabs me by my waist and lift me over his shoulder. I squealed loving that i was taller than anyone else in the room. He twirled me around till I heard Mia gasped and cry out that I was going to fall. Dom laughed and lifted me up and pretened to drop me. I shrieked, while Brian laughed along with a couple of other people who were curious of what we were doing. He set me down and walked over to the refrigerator to get a beer out.

"Dom" I said in a childish voice "May I please try one?" I asked

"Hmmm"

     I leaned closer and batted my eyelashes while giving him my puppy dog look...

"Umm i guess, since you are my little sister, maybe...NO!" he smirked at me

      Everyone laughed at us, when I told Dom how mean he was. I stomped my foot all the way to the couch, when i couldn't find the TV remote, I stomped back to the kitchen grabbed the remote and stomped all the way back to the couch. I switch channel, till i found a movie that looked interesting. I crossed my arms and huffed.

     I could see from the corner of my eyes many people with amused looks on their face. As I watched the movie, I felt someone sit next to me and put their arm around me. I quickly look to see who it was, and was surprised to see it was Brian.

"Hey there baby Cal"

    I smiled at him "hey there old Brian" I leaned against him

"It's not fair that i'm treated like a baby" I whisper to him, "I'm 16..."

"Yeah but you're the youngest therefor you are the baby of the family" he whisper back

       I smiled at him and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

" I never did thank you for saving me and for helping Dom watch over me...Thank you"

He smiled, and I leaned back, and rest my head on his chest. I was softly sleeping, when I heard Dominic ask if I was sleeping. I dozily said "No i'm awake"

      I heard them chuckle and felt Dominic pick me up

"No put me down" I said as i twisted in his arms "They are going to get me and take me away." I felt Dominic stop and tell me "No one will ever take you away from me"

     He then softly took me into his room and laid me on his bed.

"Here" he whispered "you're all safe in my room..."

He left  and was about to rejoin the party, when I sat up and told him "no don't leave me!"

       I started to cry and I felt his arm come and pick me up and put me in his lap. He was so big and I fitted perfectly.

"Shh it's  okay no one is going to take you. You're mine...I love you Calayla. You're safe... don't worry hush now and go to sleep I'm here."

"I love you Dom" I whispered

      He chuckled and gradually started rocking softly from side to side and I slowly drifted off to sleep. He laid me down, pulled up the cover, and kissed my forehead and whispered "I love you too Calayla...I love you too."

     The next day I woke up to the smell of barbeque. I went to Mia's room and got a pair of Mia shorts and a thin baby  blue long sleeved shirt to put on. As I was going down the stairs everything was quiet and then I saw a women who seemed to be be athletic, she had black wavy hair a mix of mysterious and caring dark eyes. She saw me and stared at me.

"Wow... you must be Dom and Mia little sister that everyoe is talking about..."

      I smiled shyly and nodded. I thought she was very pretty; she seemed to be very witty but kind.

"Where is everyone?" I asked

She laughed "well you definitely haven't been here long enough i guess..."

       She led me to a little path that led to a little place that was a bit hidden in the back almost surrounded by trees and plants. I mentally made a note to myself to explore my new home more when I had time. Once we reached where evryone was, I saw Mia motion for me to go to her. I ran over to her and she immediately started fixing my hair.

"Well you certainly just woke up" she teased

    I laughed and then whisper to her "Mia, why is everyone here, and why are we having a barbeque...?"

     She chuckled and told me how every Sunday they have a barbeque, and how when we were little if we didn't go to church we didn't get barbeque. Also whoever reaches for the food first has to say prayer. I had no memories of every doing this but I thought it was nice.

"Mia" I asked "who was that girl that brought me here?"

"Oh that's Letty, she is Dominic's girlfriend" she replied

"She is actually very sweet but a bit sarcastic and strong headed. But whenever you have a problem she is always there to help and she is a bit protective of those close to her.. because you know family is important..." she smiled when she said that.

     I nodded and than skipped over to where Dominic was, since this guy who I think Mia said his name was "Vince" started talking to Mia. I chuckled as I remember Mia told me that Vince has been Dominic best friend since 3rd grade, and how she suspected that ever since they were little that Vince always had a crush on her. I skipped over to where Dom was handling the cooking and tugged on his shirt.

"Dom" i asked

"Yes Cal" he replied without looking at me

"Why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend...?" i asked slowly

     Now I had his full attention "Cal, I was waiting for the right moment to tell you...everything has a right time... Also everything is already overwhelming for you. I don't want you to go headfirst into this "New" lifestyle...at least not yet...understand?" he lifted his eyebrows and lifted my face to look at him in the eyes.

"But Dom I kind of did go headfirst when i fell backward into your arm..." I exasperated

"Cal you know what I mean" he said in an annoyed voice

     I nodded, trned around to go find something to do. Just as I was wondering whether I should go bother Mia or watch TV, I spotted an enormous tree taht had so many branches that I couldn't resist climbing it. I looked around for someone I could ask that wouldn't say "No." I finally spotted Vince who was going to the cooler to grab a beer.

"Vince" I yelled "Haha i couldn't wait to do what I had in mind!" I grinned at myself