Chapter 16: Temporary relief

We heard the door slamming and I heard Dom footstep coming up the stairs. He came in the room with Letty behind him carrying a pair of clean shirt and shorts for me. I slowly got up and went to the bathroom, and closed the door slightly and started to change. I walk back and laid down next to Dom, He reached over and pulled me close so that my head was resting on his arm. He turned the TV on and we were watching the movie with Letty lying on the other side of Dom. I soon feel asleep, and a few hours later I could feel Letty kissing Dom and going to sleep. Around 5am, I woke up to the feeling of knots in my stomach.

            I felt like running to the bathroom and throwing up, but I just slowly breathe in and out. Slowly the feeling went away and I was able to sleep again. When I woke up, I was by myself in Dom’s bed. I felt cold, so grabbed one of Dom’s sweaters and lay in bed watching TV. Mia soon came in, with breakfast and felt my forehead

“Oh, I think you have a fever Cal” she said.

            I nodded

“How do you feel?” she asked

“I’m not dizzy anymore but still a bit nauseous” I responded truthfully

            She nodded and gave me an Advil and water to take the fever away. I spent the whole day in bed beside taking a shower, and eating. I was in bed by 8pm, and I heard Dom come in.

"Yo Mia, where's Cal?" He shouted

Mia looked up from the game she was playing and shrugged. "She wasn't feeling great, I think she is upstairs."

           Dom turned and made his way upstairs. I knew he found me because he sigh a relief. I was curled up in his bed. I heard him make his way towards me and felt him sit on the edge of the bed.

"You ok Cal?" He asked, concerned.

           I slowly turned to face Dom, looking pale and exhausted.

"Hmm, I'm fine, just a little tired." I whispered, closing her eyes again.

          Dom wasn't convinced; he reached out and touched my forehead. I knew I was burning up.

"Jesus Cal, you're overheating."

I pushed his hand from my head and sighed. "Mm… fine… just... sleep."

           Dom went to the bathroom and got a flannel, running it under some cold water and wringing it out. I heard him make his way back to me and gently pressed it to my forehead.

I'll be right back." He said gently, as he made his way downstairs.

"Leon, Cal not feeling too good so I'm going keep an eye on her. Keep an eye on the party for me?"

"You got it bro!" Leon said, bumping fists with his friend.

            As he was heading back upstairs to Mia stopped him.

"Is she ok?" Mia asked her voice full of concern.

            Like Dom, Mia knew that Calayla wasn’t the one to let other people care for her quietly unless she was really to let it get in her way.

"She's got a temperature, she needs sleep. I'm going to go up and keep an eye on her." Dom said

Mia nodded and said goodnight. While Letty said she was going to sleep in Mia room so she wouldn’t get sick, But that she would pop in and say goodnight.

             Dom walked back into his bedroom, I was in the exact poison I was before he left. He took his top off and slowly eased into bed. I rested my head on his chest. I felt horrible, and just wanted to rest.