Chapter 3: On the Run

CALYALA P.O.V

            As I saw the gun turn to us, I looked at Brian with fear in my eyes. He looked at me and looked around and I saw his eyes stop at the window for a few second. He looked at me and I nodded and started counting in my head "one, two, And THREE!" We ran to the window. The man shot at the glass as Brian and I jumped through the window. I landed with a "thud" on my back/shoulder while Brian landed swiftly on his feet. I winced with pain as I felt a bone pop from my shoulder and glass pieces jab into my side. I heard them shout and Brian quickly pulled me up and we started running while they shot at us.

             As we ran, we heard roaring engine come towards us. I stopped and watch as a car raced towards us, and after about 15 feet away, he side swept it. So that when it was 5 foot away from us it came to a stop. Brian quickly ran and opened my door and shoved me inside, as he got into the  passenger seat. I looked at the driver and saw that it was Dom. Dom then sped away from the gun shots. I looked back and saw that two cars were racing after us. I looked at Dom and said.

"Dom, they are following us."

            He looked back and presses down on the petal even more. The car launched forward. I turned around quickly to see the cars and felt pain shoot up through my body. I looked down and saw my bone was popped out and that I was bleeding on my side. I stayed still, and bit my lips so that I didn't make any noise, so I didn't bother anyone. Suddenly I heard the back glass shatter on me.

"Big Mistake" Dom said.

            Dom stopped and let the car pass us than he trailed behind them. He slammed the car against one of the cars causing it to turn and flip over. I stared in shock. The next car was shooting at us. Brian took a gun and started shooting back. I looked back and saw that one man got hit. Dom turned a sharp corner and I went flying to the other side. The car went and crashed into an abandon building. Dom continued speeding away. I looked around and saw that we were in the middle of nowhere.

"Dom, Brain... Where are we?" I asked

Dom replied "In the middle of Arizona, we will be at California soon..."

      Brian looked backed at me, and I saw his eyes get wide when he saw me holding my left shoulder and blood drizzling down.

"Dom, we got to stop at the next motel...Cal is pretty hurt."

      Dom looked back and I saw a flash of concern fly through his face. He sped even more. In 10 minute, we arrived at a motel. Brian went to get a room and the key. Dom walked in the back of the car and picked a coat. He came to my side and gently picked me up and wrapped the coat around me and told me to close my eyes and pretend to be sleeping. We walked in and he sat me on the bed. He went back outside to talk to Brian. I looked around the room. This was really different to what I was use to. I never shared a room before, I never been on the run, heck I never even broken or fracture a bone before... I thought.

       Dom came inside the room and sat at the bed across from

 "Calayla" He said "Brian is getting a cloth for you to bite on, because I need to pop your shoulder in..."

 "Will it hurt?" I asked in a quiet voice.

"Yes...I won't lie to you; it will hurt, quite a bit." He replied in a quiet voice.

"Well" I said "let's get it over with..."

He stood up and Brian gave me the cloth, I put it in my mouth and shut my eyes as I felt Dom wrap one of his arms around me and he waited, suddenly he pushed my shoulder bank into its place. I gave one scream and shut up. The pain was only for a few second and then it felt good. He looked at me and said "I think you should go shower now."

I looked at him and shook my head saying "No"

He asked "And why not?"

I sigh and told him "I have glass in my left arm and side of my back...and it hurts...A lot."

      He looked at Brian and told him to get an eyebrow tweezers, he came over and told me "I do have another sister that I kind of raised after dad died...so lift your shirt a bit since you are wearing a bra... I hope..."

He had a point, I took my shirt off, and I was wearing a black bra that crossed at the back. He looked at my back first and told me to sit. Brian took the eyebrow tweezer and started pulling out the glass that was sticking from my skin. I had only three left that were deeper inside of me. Dom took over and started gently digging in while Brian held me still. When ever he touched my skin I squirmed away. I really couldn't do anything, with Brian holding me and Dom on my other side.

On the last piece it was in my upper shoulder and it was really deep. Dom started digging in and I yelled "Oww it hurts so much please stop..." while trying to pull away.

"Cal" he sigh "You are going to get an infection now stand still!"

       I stopped squirming when I heard how serious he was. I could tell that he found the glass because I could feel the plucker opening to find the edge. Finally he pulled it out. He went outside and grabbed a bandage wrap and told me to lift my arms up, he got a cotton pad and Brian soaked it with alcohol and started cleaning the cuts. I flinched but held still. Dom looked at my face and said "Remember this six important things; one: No pain no gain, two: Beauty is pain and so is health, three: It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning, four: Trust and honesty is the key to family, five: Don't ever lie to your family, 6: I love you... Promise me you will remember that?"

I nodded 'I promise with all my heart!" I saw Dom look at me and smile and say "That's my girl."

When Brian was finished, I went to the bathroom and took a long hot shower. I must have had stayed in there too long with I heard Dom open the door and pop his head in asking if I was okay, I yelled yes. He closed the door and I turned the water off. I grabbed the towel and wrapped it around me. I got out of the shower and saw that the bathroom was hot and steamy. Dom opened the door.

"God, Cal what are you trying to do? Boil yourself alive?"  He asked

"No Dom" I giggled

he came in with his eyes closed and handed me underwear, boxer, and a black bra and told me to put them on, he then closed the door and waited. when I was ready, I went out and Don told me to stand up with my arm in the "T" positions. I did as he told me to do and felt him began to wrap the bandage around me. I flinched when he touched my left side, where it was beginning to get a bit swollen because of the cuts. After he finished he wrapped my upper left shoulder and arm. I put on a shirt and started to leave the bathroom when he said "Cal?"

"Yeah" I said

"I didn't buy the bra" he chuckled "I brought the hip hugger or whatever they are... the bra and shorts is Mia's and the shirt is... well mine."

I laughed "Well thank you for the clothes, and thank you for the shirt."

Dom went to take a shower and I walked in the room, where Brian was watching the TV, when I came in He looked up and said "Hey there Cal, are you feeling better? Here is some food."

  He smiled as he handed me a plate with half a subway. I sat down and started eating while watching the news with Brian. Suddenly my picture popped up on the scene. Brian turned the volume louder, and all we could here was how I was either a runaway or got kidnapped, and that if I ran away, than I could be found with someone who I claim I am related to most likely Dominic Toretto with his partner Brian O'Conner. I choked when they showed a picture of me, when I was probably one year old with Dom who was 12, and Mia who was 8. Than Lisa and Sal came on and were saying how they loved me and missed me and how I was the most well behaved one from my three siblings and how they didn't want me to be like them, and all that crap. I was turning red from choking when Brian finally saw me and reached over and slapped me on the back, "I'm fine I'm fine..." I must of had looked terrified because Brian lowered the Volume and told me he was sorry.

"It's okay...I'm good, I'm just going to try to go to bed now..." with that I climbed in the bed and closed my eyes, knowing it wouldn't be closed for long...