Chapter 17: Not quite

As we drove, we started coming up to the fuel tankers. We all got into our position, which was Dom in the front, me on the side and Leon and Vince in the back with Jesse. The tank started speeding and so did we. I could hear Dom over the radio saying that a bridge was coming up.

Dom POV

       I saw the bridge coming up and pulled ahead watching in the mirror as the Leon's pulled back along with Jesse and disappeared behind the truck but Calayla suddenly vanished. I felt the dread come over me as I picked up my radio.

"Cal? Where the hell are you?" I yelled down the radio.

“Ah I can't talk right now Dom."  I frowned.

"What the fuck does that mean?" I asked.

"She's under the truck Dom." I gripped the steering wheel hard as Vince’s voice came through the radio.

"What the fuck Cal. Get the fuck out of there now!" I yelled just as we came back onto a wide stretch of road and sighed with relief as she came out driving beside the tank again.

            I saw in the rearview mirror Jesse and Vince getting their tanks. We only had one left. Except, now we were coming along a piece of mountain and it was getting narrow again.

“Pull back Cal pull back” I yelled

“Cal you have to pull back now sweetie” Letty quickly said looking back at Cal car

“I can’t it’s too close to Jesse… I got it” she replied

            I heard Letty sigh

“What?” I growled anxiously

“She is under the tank” Letty slowly said

“Cal?” I yelled

“Didn’t I tell you I’m busy?” she exasperated

“It’s not that easy talking to you and driving?” she continued

            We came out in a open space and were attempting to get the last one. Mia soon came and got the last fuel tank latched to her car. We had just finished making the drop for our second last job and I was pissed. I was pissed at Cal because of what she had done on the job. Driving under a fucking moving truck, what the fuck had she been thinking?

Calayla POV

"You okay?" i asked Dom as I passed him

          He paused before giving me a harsh look and taking a step towards me.

"Are you fucking serious? No I'm not fucking okay, you could have been killed. What the fuck were you thinking?" Dom shouted.

"Dom nothing happened and it's not like I had a choice I had nowhere to go other than under." I replied almost flipping him off.

"No, but it could have Cal, something could have had happened. You had a choice! You could of had pulled back." He yelled turning a deeper shade of red

"I was fine." I growled.

"Do you want to die Cal? Is that why you did it?" He quietly asked.

"You're being dramatic, I was fine." I sighed

"Bullshit. It nearly caught up to you, Leon told me." He said his tone rising all of a sudden

"He was exaggerating; I'll make sure it doesn't happen next time." I snapped back