Chapter 14: Damaged

Letty Pov

                As we heard Mia sigh and look at us, I knew the news wasn’t good. I could hear everyone hold their breathes as we anticipated the next thing she would say.

“She has severe bruising on the body, and minor cuts and scrape, I’m pretty sure she fractured a rib or two, and on the rest of her ribs they are bruised…I would say from something like kicking. Also the gash on her head is pretty deep; she will most likely say she will have extreme headaches. She will survive but she is hurt, really hurt” Mia said quietly

                If looks could kill, I think Dom would have murder anyone just from the looks in his eyes. He turned around and walked out, and the guys followed behind him leaving me. I knew they were going to go after Wes, I explained the car I saw leaving they alley and Dom instantly recognized it. I walked over to Cal and brush a strand of hair away from her face. I was mad she was hurt, mad that none of us could have been there to protect her.

CALAYLA POV

                I felt someone touch my face and open my eyes. I groaned in pain, my whole body felt like it was burning. I saw Letty and Mia looking at me.

“It’s hot in here” I said wincing as I felt my head throbbing from the headache. Letty put a hand on my forehead and yelled

“Jesus, Cal you’re burning up”

                Mia quickly got me some Advil, and a glass of water, and helped me sit up so I could take it. We both heard Letty gasp. I turned around to see how hand covering her mouth as she looked at my back.

“Her back is black and blue” she whispered

                Mia simply nodded, I went to turn around to face both of them, but cowered in pain. I felt like someone was sticking a knife into me. I knew I broke a rib or two. I was bruised all over. Mia gently got a cold cloth and pushed me down gently before placing the cloth of my forehead

“Stay here” she order

“Well, it’s not like I can really move” I grunted as I head my stomach.

                Mia went over to Letty and I could hear them even though they were whispering. They were talking how I should sleep on the couch bed, until I was better that way I didn’t have to go up and down the stairs. Also it would allow everyone to keep an eye on me. They kept whispering how there wouldn’t be any after race parties until I was healed. I finally tuned them out and concentrated on my breathing, so I wouldn’t feel so much pain. My whole body ache, I started crying softly. Instantly I heard them two shushing me and asking what was wrong.

“Make it go away” I chocked

“Make what go away” Mia asked gently

“The Pain, make It stop, it hurts please, make it stop” I groaned tossing my head side and side

               Mia looked desperate, and didn’t know what to do. Letty just sat on the bed next to be stroking my cheeks. Mia swap the cloths and started humming the tune, our mother sang to us. Slowly it seems that it was working, either that or the medicine was finally starting to kick in. Soon I closed my eyes, focusing on Letty hand caressing my cheeks. I was probably asleep for an hour or so, because I soon heard noise and woke up. Letty and Mia were still with me; Mia was reading a book, while Letty was surfing the T.V. channels.

                “Did you guys hear something” I asked quietly startling them both

                Letty then heard the familiar sound of engine roaring, she went downstairs leaving me with Mia. Mia looked at me and I could tell she was holding back tears