Chapter 9: Safe...For Now

I guess I fell into a heavy sleep, because I only woke up slightly when I heard someone whisper

"Oh gosh, there she is, look."

     I felt someone pick me up bridal style. I looked up to see it was Brian with Mia.

"Brian..."

     He shushes me, and I didn't have any energy to say anymore. I felt so much pain as my arm rubbed against his body. He saw me wince and saw I was covered from scrapes. I saw Brian give Mia a nod and Mia took out her phone and called Dominic.

DOMINIC POV

     As soon as I heard my phone ring, I answered it. I have been searching for Calayla for at least 4 hours. I never thought I would lose my sister again, and I just let her run off figuring she would go to the house. How stupid was I? To not think she would get lost in the forest. I was so stupid that i forgot that there are people wanting her. What for? I had no idea, probably for some sick reason if they were willing to buy her like she was a property. I could feel my anger build up, as I kept thinking and blaming myself until I felt Letty hug me. I looked at her. She looked at me and smile and gently gave me a kiss. She was so beautiful. She was my perfect type of girl; aggressive, blunt, but caring. She loved working on cars with me and always knew just what to say to me. I would be lost if I didn't have my family that's for sure. As I answered the phone I held my breath.

"Hello" I answered

"Dom, we've found her" I heard my sister reply

"What? Where? Is she okay?" I asked as I felt my temperature drop

"Umm... she was about 8 miles from the house I think... She seem to be okay, but she is like overly exhausted and pretty cut up... but she seems to be fine. Meet us at the one oak tree" she replied

          I hung up, told Letty and we sprinted a mile south to the random one oak tree. When I arrived there, Brian and Mia were walking up.

CALAYLA POV

          When I saw Dominic, I struggled against Brian. When we were about 8 feet from Dominic, Brian put me down I tried to walk but as soon as I put pressure on my left foot, pain shot right up and I almost fell to the ground if Brian didn't catch me.

"Oh no you don't," as I struggled to try again.

          Since I couldn't win because one I didn't have the energy and two, I could barely stand much less walk. Dominic walked over and gently caressed my face. I turned away from his touch. When I looked back at him he was staring at the blood on his hand. He turned round and kicked the tree

"It's all my fault" he yelled

    He looked for the nearest tree and punched it leaving a hole in the tree. I winced along with everyone else. Dom didn't even look like it hurt him. He walked over to where I was and took me from Brian's arms. He then without a word started walking to the completely opposite direction where I was going. After about an hour or so, we came up to where the barbeque was held. I noted to next time bring a backpack with equipment and a map so I wouldn't get lost again.  Without breaking a stride he carried me into the house. There he sat me down on the kitchen table and walked over to the sink overlooking the window. The rest of the people came in; Letty immediately went and sat on the kitchen counter next to Dom. Mia took a chair and sat down while Brian took another chair and sat next to her they seemed to be having an intense conversation. Vince who was watching out for people around the house came in with a gun and was leaning against the wall.

            It was such an awkward silence; that it was tormenting me. I avoided everyone eyes and just looked down at my hands. Finally, after 5 or 8 minutes I spoke up quietly