Chapter 5: reunited

I slowly crept to the door. I leaned against the door and strained to hear who the other person was. I could barely hear them, as I slowly turned the door knob I slowly walked down to the middle of the stair. Dom was the first one to see that I was awake

"Well look who is awake" he chuckled

I smiled at him. Next to him, Brian was sitting with his arm around a tall girl with dark brown wavy hair. She had a pretty face and was an athletic skinny body. I wonder if she was my sister... I could indentify some parts of me in her and some parts of her in Dom. As I slowly walked down the rest of the stairs, it was an awkward silence. Finally the girl spoke up.

"Hey Cal-boo... you grew so much.....since the last time I saw you... You're so pretty... the resemblance...wow... Do you still remember me? Mia? Remember we use to play princesses and Dom was the bad guy and I use to do your hair...?"

I smile and nodded sadly as broken pieces came trickling back, I could feel my legs getting week and tears forming I finally fell to the floor crying. All three of them rushed over to me, Mia was the first one to reach me, she threw her arms around me. I cried and cried in her arms. Dom and Brian left us alone, and Mia just started whispering to me. When my crying turn to just hiccups I adjusted myself so that i was lying on the floor with my head on Mia's lap

"Its not fair" I hicupped

"I could barely remember what you looked like or what Dom looked like... They stole childhood. They separated us!"

Dom and Brian left us and Mia just started whispering to me. When my crying turn to just hiccupping I adjusted myself so that I was lying on the floor went my head on Mia's lap.

"It's not fair" I hiccupped

She stroked my hair and whispered "I know I know... They shouldn't have done that... Do you remember the song mom used to sing to us?" I shook my head no "Well I remember some of it...it goes like this"

She started to sing me a tune and kept brushing my hair with her finger. Slightly I began to fall back asleep again. I felt someone whispered if I fell asleep again. I heard Mia say yes and I felt someone pick me up and lay me on something soft which I figured was same bed that I woke up in. I heard the person chuckle and gently close the door. I was so filled with mixed emotion I just wanted to escape everything and go back to sleep.