Chapter Thirteen

A day passed and I still hadn’t heard from Aurora. Yesterday she had left my mind for only a few hours when Del was here. When he eventually left my dad had gotten home from work. The two talked briefly to each other and my dad was actually being nice. So I still don’t know what happened between the two of them, but Del must have actually done something right. 

I sighed as I moved into the kitchen to get some water. Just as I was reaching for a cup, my phone which I had set on the counter started to blare. It rang loudly and as I grabbed the glass and moved towards the counter where my phone was. I didn’t bother to look at the caller I.D. and instead just answered it and brought it to my ear.

“Hello?” I asked as I moved towards the refrigerator to get ice and water.

“Ivalin,” I sighed, hoping that I had been Aura, “It’s Devon.” I had already figured that out from his voice and I stayed quiet as I slid the glass under the ice dispenser in the fridge.

“Oh, hey.” I said lamely as the ice filled the glass. I moved it to the other switch and let it fill half way.

“I know we had talked about you getting out there, and I have a perfect solution for that.” He spoke so darn fast. 

“Oh yeah?” I asked as I turned around getting ready to ask what it was.

“Would you be willing to do an interview?” He asked and I shifted, my eyes narrowing at nothing in particular.

“Like over the phone? Or to go in a paper?” I asked, leaning against the counter now.

“Not exactly.” Devon said easily, “It would be with Dawn and it would be on television.”

“Wait, the Dawn Erickson show?” I asked, my eyes widening. I loved to watch that sow, the host was so funny instead of being serious all the time, but she didn’t embarrass or be mean to the people who came on the show instead of other people did.

“Yes, you know it?”

“Of course I know it.” I said without even thinking, “Wait, would I be doing it alone?”

“We were thinking Del should go on with you. But if you would prefer to do it by yourself, then you can.”

“I’d prefer to do it with Del.” How funny about the whole thing. I probably wouldn’t really want him there, he’d probably do something that would embarrass me, but I didn’t want to go through it alone.  

“Perfect. Do you want to talk to your parents about it first?” He asked.

“No, they told me to make up my own mind about it. So I guess I’ll just agree to it now. The sooner the better, right?”

“Good spirit. So next Monday is when you’ll be schedule to air on national television. So on Friday is the interview. Do you think you can make that?”

“Yes. I’ll just drive myself.” I said with a shrug.

“Del is still here, he said he’d drive you, so you don’t have to take two cars.” I sucked in a quick breath. I wasn’t sure if that was such a good idea, but it made sense.

“That’ll work, I guess.” I said slowly.

“I’ll have Del talk to you about it. I need to go ahead and call Dawn back. And before I go, don’t worry about wardrobe or anything, you’ll have a stylist there. You’ll change once there, so wear something comfortable. Oh, what size shoe do you wear?”

“Um, seven.” I said, my eyebrows moving down.

“Alright. I’ll call Dawn and set it up. And Del should be getting a hold of you soon.” The doorbell rang and I sighed into the phone.