Chapter Ten

I had been texting Del on and off for the past week. To be honest, I’m not really sure why he was keeping in touch. We didn’t talk for more than half an hour before one of us had to go do something. But apparently he was still enjoying his down time, wherever that was. It was probably with some girl too. Wait, why would I even care anyway?

I tucked my phone away into the pockets of my jean shorts. They were a dark purplish red color and folded at the bottom upwards. I adjusted my dark blue fitted tank top, pulling the straps over the dark yet bright straps of my swim suit underneath it. I slipped my feet into my purple flip flops with large fluffy flowers over the two straps as Aurora grabbed her keys for us to go. I grabbed out beach bag that was filled with multiple towels, water, and a few snacks. I shifted several rope bracelets on my left and right wrists as I slung the bag over my shoulder easily.

“Let’s go!” Aurora yelled as she had already exited the house. I rolled my eyes and hurried out after her, making sure to close the door securely behind me. I ran towards her red jeep, opening up the door and tossing the bag into the back before hoisting myself up into it as she started the car. I yanked on my seatbelt as music blasted around us and Aurora pulled out of the driveway.

“Excited?” I asked over the loud music as I reached forward to turn it down, but she swatted my hand away.

“Yes, and don’t turn down my music!” She said as she pulled onto the main road. I rolled my eyes at her and rolled down the window, my hair whipping around my face. I quickly swept it up and wrapped a band around it that had been on my wrist with the rope bracelets.

I sighed as I laid by elbow on the edge of the window and leaned by head back. I swallowed as I closed my eyes, feeling the sun leaking down on us and it was only eleven. As much as I had told Aurora I didn’t really want to go, I was actually excited. Not really to see everyone else, but instead to spend time with my best friend, who, as our senior year, I didn’t really get to see much anymore.

In twenty minutes we were pulling into the parking lot by the beach. The spots were filling up quickly, but we were lucky to get one instead of having to pay to park on the side of the road. I saw Johanna’s car there already.

“Least we know they’ll have a good spot on the beach.” I said, pointing to the car before I opened my door and got out. My skin was going to burn like crazy unless I lathered a ton of sunscreen on first. I sighed as I moved towards the sandy beach, scanning for Johanna, Dylan, or even Mark and Jake. I suddenly felt irritated, though I wasn’t sure why.

“There they are.” I heard from Aura as she grabbed my arm, the bag slipping off her other arm slightly. She pulled me through the sand, and at one point, both of us stopped to take off our flip flops. I held them in my hands as I followed after Aura. A huge blanket was set on the sand and Johanna was in her swim suit top already and a pair of black sport shorts with Dylan lying next to her. Mark and Jake were there too and I rolled my eyes.

Jake, who was the typical blonde haired blue eyed gorgeous boy who got any girl he wanted was standing in the sand and Mark, who had light brown hair and matching eyes was on the edge of the blanket.

“Ladies!” Jake said, his arms coming out. I dropped my flip flops on the blanket and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I took the bag from Aura and zipped my phone into an inside pocket. As I looked up, Jake had wrapped his arms tightly around Aura and she laughed, while Mark and I stood.

“Hey Ivy, haven’t seen you in a while. Where you been?” I heard from mark, who gave me a shy smile as he crossed his arms over his rather broad chest. Mark was fairly handsome and was a guy I’d normally look into, but because of his friendship with Jake, who I couldn’t stand, I never really bothered to get to know him.

Setting the Stageजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें