Chapter Two

Authors Note: Just like my other stories, I don't proof read. Well, I briefly do it, so there may be a few small mistakes. When my stories are completed, I go back and read every chapter out load to catch any mistakes. Anyway that is that, just so you guys know what is going on and everything. I'd LOVE some FEEDBACK please(:

Chapter Two

“Aura, wait!” I called out, trying to push through the crowd after her. It wasn’t fair that she was so tall and I so short. She was more confident at plowing people over and I wasn’t. Plus the fact that Aurora had stuffed me into the one and only pair of skinny jeans that I actually had. They were a black pair and hugged my legs tightly, something I was not used to, therefore uncomfortable in. Especially as I was trying to shove past a crowd. A very wild, love struck crowd. This is California, I should be better at this by now, but I’m just not.

“Ivalin!” Aurora called, stopping, her head poking past most of the other girls there.

“I’m coming.” I said, forcing myself between two giddy girls who gave me a dirty look for it. I just scooted my butt forward before conflict.

When I caught up to Aurora finally, I was feeling hot and sweaty, which is just sad. The ‘cute’ boots Aurora had promised me fit perfectly, but were rather hot. They were just simple black ankle boots, but I was groaning by now. I was worried my makeup (which I normally don’t put on my face) was smearing. The thick eyeliner on my lids were making my eyes watery and my eyelashes felt like they were sticking together. My hair, which was cascading just past my shoulders, was straightened, instead of the normal thick ratty curls. Aurora had also teased it, along with hers. I tugged on my tight v-cut shirt, which was a dark purple color, which Aurora said would just pull out my bright hair, but I just didn’t care.

“Hurry up.” Aura reached out and snatched my hand, tugging me along behind her. I saw guys oogling her as we went by, most of them with their girlfriends, which got Aura, and even me, extremely dirty looks. I had to admit, Aura did have a good taste for fashion, even if it was a little too out there for me. She was wearing a pair of daisy duke jean shorts that were a dark blue color and wanting to stay what she called ‘classy’ put some thin black tights under it, with a black t-shirt with the words baby I know you want me with Del’s name under it, and on the back side there were the words well it’s your lucky day, cause I want you, which were lyrics for one of his pop flashy songs.

We hurried through the doors towards the stage and made our way quickly down the steps, away from the ‘cheap’ seats in the back. The chairs in front of the stage were just folding chairs, but in front there was a large amount of space that there would surely be a mosh pit going, that only the people with tickets down there were allowed to be in. The back stage passes hung around our neck, but mine had swung behind me as Aurora had pulled me along.

“God, I’m so excited!” Aurora cried out as she plopped down in her seat, her legs bouncing up and down as I calmly sat down, looking down at a black fingernail and picking at it.

“So…” I said, suddenly feeling nervous. I had never met anyone famous before, and Del was beyond famous. I don’t know anyone who didn’t know him, my little brother even, sadly, sang his songs around the house, though I’m not sure he knows what any of the words mean. I’m not sure why my mother listens to Del, since I’m not a fan, I mostly just block it out.

“Stop.” Aurora said, swatting at my nervous fingers.

“When does this start anyway?” I asked, glancing around at the already packed seats.

“It should start in like half an hour, I think. Meanwhile we can take some pictures.” Aura brought out her phone, holding it up and snapping a few pictures of the stage and then turning the phone towards us. Without even thinking, I leaned in and let my lips form into an easy smile. Aurora pulled the phone away and looked at the screen.