Chapter Eight

The past week all I feel like I’ve done is sing and play the piano. We’ve been going to the recording studio every day and I don’t know how I’ve come to learn and memorize all these songs in the time we needed but I did and as much as I don’t want to, they’re stuck in my head.

Today, we just finished the chase which was my so called big solo. When I had finished my part, Del seemed to forget where we were at and we had to start over. He stared at me in shock. I shifted uncomfortably under his eye. Originally Devon had wanted me to do a rap in it, but that is the only thing I can’t do. It seems easy enough, to sing quickly, but it is just impossible for me to do. So instead, after a lot of coaxing from me, Devon decided it would be a nice change from Del’s quick rap into a more singing like voice afterwards and I was allowed to do it on my own.

Del apparently was so surprised about my singing talent for he claimed he had never heard anything like me singing before. I had just rolled my eyes at him as we started the song over. We went through another song today and were just finishing up. Although Devon had insisted in buying me three sets of outfits for this, I didn’t wear them. The clothes were too tight and uncomfortable as much as I did have to admit they were cute, I was going to stick with the clothes I had started with. It wasn’t like anyone was going to see me anyway.

So I tugged on my gray knit sweater over my white tank top and tugged on my jeans as I headed out of the room. We were almost done and soon I’d be going home. This whole mixed up life was going to return back to normal. Thank God. I had actually grown kind of fond of Del, in an odd way. As much as he was an arrogant jackass I had learned he had a fun loving side to him.

I laughed as Del poked my side as I passed him, rolling my eyes.

“Hey, we’re almost done. Think we should go out for some celebratory food?” He asked and I briefly glanced over my shoulder.

“Is all you think about is food?” I asked, continuing into the hall of the recording studio, waving to Brad quickly.

“And girls.” He said and let out a laugh.

“Aren’t you funny,” I said sarcastically as I leaned against the wall, listening to Brad chuckle as he came out of the room with all the buttons. “How are you not fat?”

“Look at me, I’m like a god, I don’t get fat.” Del said quickly, giving me a wink. I rolled my eyes once again.

“We can’t go out anyway. I’m not letting you wear one of those crazy outfits again.” I said, shaking my head.

“Hey, I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” Brad said, putting his fist up as he passed Del, who fist pounded with him before Brad offered it to me.

“Yeah, thanks. See you later,” I said as I pressed my knuckle against his gently, having remembered that a few times of doing it too hard had hurt my hand because of Brad’s large knuckles.

“Catch you later Brad, you’ve been awesome.” Del said, though he kept his eyes trailed on me. “Then we’ll order in. How about Chinese?” His eyebrows wiggled as I pretended to have to think hard about it.

“I don’t know…” I said, turning away from him so he wouldn’t catch the smile on my lips. I moved quickly towards the end of the hall where Del’s driver would be to pick us up.

“I’ll pay.” Del coaxed as he chased after me.

“Oh, you are so convincing.” I mumbled, once again sarcastic.

“You’re such a tease, I hate it.” Del said in a husky voice as his hand found my shoulder and stopped me and I felt his breath against my neck. I reached back and swapped by hand at him.