Chapter Three

Author's Note: Sorry it is a bit short, kind of a filler chapter. Don't worry, the ones that will be coming won't be.

Chapter Three

So I talked to my mom about the situation a week after the conversation. She pretty much screamed like a giddy fifteen year old. I was beyond confused at that point until she calmed down enough and my father had come to the room to see what was wrong. When I explained my situation to him he just shrugged but made no comment.

And then my mom pointed out that it was what I had always wanted. She told me to think of the situation with a different singer and that sold it. If it was anyone else, I would have done it in a heartbeat and would have been ecstatic for it. So why was I holding back?

After I compromised with my mother about not telling anyone, I finally called Devon. It went straight to voicemail and I left a message. I shrugged and let it go.

When I went to school I still didn’t tell Aurora what had happened. I felt guilty but I knew she couldn’t be able to keep quiet about the situation and would tell someone and it would slowly get around. I couldn’t afford for that to happen.

After another week, I had completely forgotten about calling Devon and the offer completely. It was Saturday and I was at Aurora’s house slumped on their couch watching a movie. I was wearing yoga pants with my hair yanked up into a messy bun at the top of my head. Aurora was in a pair of leggings with baggy t-shirt and was still managing to look gorgeous.

I jumped when I heard my phone ringing as it was sitting on the coffee table to the side of the couch. Aurora didn’t even notice it and I reached for my phone just figuring it was my mother. It was a number that I didn’t recognize and I looked to Aurora.

“Do you know this number?” I flashed the phone to Aura, who just shook her head, her eyes moving back to the television screen. “I’ll be back.” I moved towards the kitchen which was quiet and answered my phone.

“Can I speak to Ivalin?” The voice belonged to a male and I couldn’t place it.

“This is her.” I said, moving to sit on a stool by the island in the kitchen.

“Oh good! This is Devon. Sorry it has been so long, Del was finishing up his little tour. He is done with it now, and I’m glad you have decided to help us out.” He was talking quickly and there was a large amount of background noise, making it hard to hear. A muffled voice came through the line and I breathed in quickly. “So anyway, we would love to get you into Hollywood to record. It would be in two weeks for about a month.”

“A month?” I asked, my eyes narrowing.

“Yeah, that isn’t too long. We need a week or so for you and Del to get used to each other, a week to come up with lyrics and tunes, because as you know, he does all of his, not anyone else, and then the last week to record. It could run over, but I doubt it.”

“Wait, wait, wait,” I said, not being capable of getting a word in, “I can’t just take a month off of school.”

“High school?” He asked and I shifted.

“Not exactly. It is a private school for the arts.”

“Even better!” He exclaimed, “We’ll just send in a note or come speak to them directly.”

“No,” I blurted quickly and the line went quiet, “Remember, I don’t want to be known right now.”

“Look, if we speak to the principle do you think they will tell the whole school or town what you are doing? No, and if it is for the arts, I assume you are in the singing program, then they’ll easily let you go as long as you keep up with some work. I’ll send them a letter and tell them if they tell anyone then there will be trouble.”