Chapter 29

Life is so precious.
There are times where we want to end it all, like nothing good will come out of the bad. Then there are the moments we want to freeze in time. To remember forever. And it doesn't matter who you are, you deserve to live your life the way you want to.
I had never been in a situation like this. And you'd think that I, the Red Rose, would be ready for anything.
I wasn't.
"Tasha, let them go now. How dare you, that my daughter!" I growled.
Tasha just stood there with the most evil grin I had ever seen, "Yes it is, so unless you want her alive, you will need to accept my offer."
"And what exactly might that be?" I spat out.
"Give yourself up. Simple as that. Then your friends can walk free and live happily ever after. Just without you in it."
I hesitated. I didn't want Clary to grow up without her mother, or Lissa be without her best friend.
I'll never be able to tell Dimitri I love him.
But what choice do I have?
"Fine. I'll accept. But I just want to let you know that I did this, because I didn't want them to die." I said, hate dripping from every word I spoke.
Tasha clapped her hands like the insane woman she was, "Wonderful! Well come here, I don't want to waste any time. No goodbyes, just come here."
I walked slowly towards her. I could feel the stares of everyone on me.
But I knew what I had to do.
Once I was in front of Tasha, I took my stake and plunged it into her stomach. I was so quick that she didn't even realise what was happening until she could feel the pain.
Immediately after I did that, my squad jumped into action, killing the Strigoi and getting Dimitri, Lissa and Clary out of harms way.
Tasha pulled out the knife and fell to the ground.
"H-how c-could you?" she gasped.
"Easily. You threatened to hurt the people I love. You're gonna get hurt"
But that didn't compare to what I felt next.
Pain.
Just like how I did it, Tasha used her last breaths of life to stab me.
I fell to the ground just as the last Strigoi had been staked.
"No mummy no!" Clary cried.
"Lissa please heal her!" Dimitri cried.
"I c-can't, T-Tasha made me heal her last Strigoi followers. I have no strength to heal her!" she cried.
The world was closing in around me, if was getting darker and darker. I tried to hear what they were saying, but I couldn't understand anything. But I felt something easing the pain. What it was, I don't know. Not being able to fight it anymore, I closed my eyes, the images of those surrounding me being the last thing I saw.

I wasn't sure when I woke up.
But it wasn't in heaven.
Rather, I had a bunch of worried friends, parents and squad members.
I tried to sit up but they pushed me back gently, telling me to get some rest.
"Mummy! You're awake!" Clary beamed. I tried to hold my arms up, but she already came for a hug.
"Rose I'm so sorry. It's my fault I didn't save you. I-"
"Stop it Liss," I cut her off,"I'm so proud of you, of all of you. I am forever eternally grateful."
Everybody came and gave me a hug. I got to spend some one on one time with everyone. After my long talk with Lissa, it was time for the last person.
Dimitri.
"Rose..." he said hesitantly as he stepped into the room.
"Look Dimitri, I'll do the talking okay?" I said. After taking a deep breath, I told him what I've been meaning to tell him since I left,"I was heartbroken over what happened between us. But that's the past now. You did hurt me, but I have been able to heal. When I came back to you, I knew there'd be no avoiding you. You meant too much to me for me to leave you out of my life. So look, whilst I was gone, I was able to fully forgive you. Clary loves you, I can see it and I want her to be with her father. So I want you back Dimitri. I... I love you."
Dimitri was shocked for a moment. But then love took over in his eyes. He lent down and kissed me. It was sweet and passionate, full of promises and new beginnings.
"Rose I'm so glad that you feel the way I do, because I was actually gonna ask you something."
With that, Dimitri got on one knee and pulled out a black velvet box.
"Rosemarie Hathaway, will you marry me?"
I squealed and said yes. He engulfed me in a big hug and called everyone in. As soon as everyone saw the 4 carat diamond ring, they all started talking about the plans. Lissa was the maid of honour. Mia, Jill, Sydney, Hermione and Annie were going to be my bridesmaids. Christian was the best man. Eddie, Adrian, Tim, Ron, Finnick, Dan, Phil, Mark and Sean were the groomsmen. The colour theme would be black and purple, my favourite colours. We'd decide to do everything else later.
"To the soon to be Mr and Mrs Belikov." Lissa cheered.
We all cheered along with her. I couldn't be any happier with this new chapter in my life.

Oh my god I can't believe I finally got it done!
I'm so glad I did though. For all of you, who have shown constant support and love through this. Thank you.
Buts don't worry, there will be an epilogue. But unfortunately after that that will be the end of this story.
It was my first one ever and I'm proud of how I've written it.
So anyways,
Hope you enjoyed it!
See you soon!
Lots of love always,
Patreise/Pattybubs 🖤❤️